What's new

Shaving Cream Acquisitions

I thought I'd take advantage of Connaught's sale, so I've taked delivery of tubes of Proraso red and blue, Lea and a tub of Cella bio. I'm going through a phase of trying out some of the classic softwares, having not used any of the above before.

It seems like every other sub-fora has its own acquisition thread(and I can't seem to find one in this forum), so for posterity I introduce the Shaving Cream Acquisitions thread. What did you buy, what's inbound, and where did you find it? Bonus points for pictures of you taking delivery!

WARNING: This thread may cause Restraint allergies........

I just came back to wet shaving after a 4 year absence because I was living/working in South America and what I could get in the way of creams, blades, etc was very limited. And having them imported was expensive shippiNg and had to pay a VAT tax.

But I am back in the states now and have restarted my den. These are my Scentsational Six new creams in no particular order of preference:
-Extra Comesi Fra Rinik
-Moon Soaps Amaretto
-Declaration Grooming Massacre of The Innocents
-Grooming Department Maleki
-St James of London Bergamot and Sandalwood
-Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny

All wonderful and glad to be back! Such a joy. What could be better than staring at myself in the mirror for 20 minutes every other day? :)

A&E Shave Serum

proxy.php

Got a tub of T&H Trafalgar on the way. I've never tried T&H as it is expensive and I'm quite satisfied with TOBS for performance, but I ordered the Trafalgar mainly for the SCENT as I think it is pretty incredible based on a small sample I had.

I'll see if the scent is as good as I remember by using the cream, and if so I guess I'll HAVE to order the cologne which is $75. It's not that I can't afford such items it's just that you have to draw the line somewhere, but that frag is SO unique. I think it's the jasmine note because the other notes (cedar and sandlewood) are great but more common?

1632148257984.png

Just received a few Polish creams.
Palm lathered the Lider and the Bond. THe Lider smells pretty bad, and I can't say I liked the lather. BOND is much better, what I would expect from a good cream. Pretty good lather and a subtle smell. All of these were bought at such low prices you probably wouldn't believe me.

krdogol.jpg

View attachment 1214954I brought several German straight razors and shave brush from a retailer over there. She was kind enough to put in some Taylor Old Bond St. platinum cream and hard soap as bonus.She also put some extra goodies in there as well. You got a love those German women.
What does the Platinum Collection smell like? I want to get a Taylor’s but can’t decide on the scent 😂

- TOBS Sandalwood shaving cream
- TOBS Organic shaving cream
- Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood shaving cream
- Geo F Trumpers Sandalwood shaving cream
- Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather shaving cream
- Proraso Red shaving soap
- Boelli Panama 1924 Shaving cream

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Not that I just acquired these, but my three favorite shave creams from a performance perspective are:

Castle Forbes 1445
Alexander Simpson Bay Rum
Captain's Choice Bay Rum

(edit) WHOOPS! Sorry...four favorites...Cremo Sandalwood Lathering Shave Cream is in that list at the top of it.

Followed closely by any TOBS shave cream.

Last edited:
Top Bottom