What's new

Shaving Cream Acquisitions

proxy.php

It just works!

Got another 12 coate’s cream on their way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Nancy Boy Sandalwood
Nancy Boy Signature
Proraso Green
Creemo
Kiss My Face Lavender Shea

Had to replenish my annual supply as I had run out of everything. Am familiar with T&H as far as performance is concerned but the scents are new for me. As for the other two, have never tried them but I like variety and am up for the adventure.
T&H 1805
T&H Authentic No. 10
Kingsbridge Sandalwood
Via Barberia Herbae (tin is labelled 'cream', but it's more croap than cream)

Brush & creams.JPG

proxy.php

It just works!

Got another 12 coate’s cream on their way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indeed it does. I've been whittling down my creams by using them more often than my soaps, which I prefer, because they don't last as long but Coates will stay in my lineup as long as possible. It's as good or better than the most expensive creams I've ever used and I've gone up the ladder all the way to Xpec. The only complaint I have is that the caps on the tubes break so I decant them into empty black T&H or glass SJoL tubs.

F53FE786-4435-4000-9DB6-F5EF9390E25B.jpeg

Something my old lady saw while she was out getting the girls’ hair cut and got for me as a surprise. Decent combo. I really don’t have a lot of cream experience... and while the stuff didn’t seem to want to blow up into a lot of lather when I tried to make it do so, it was glidey like there was oil in it... though not exactly slick. Hard to describe. AS was nice though. Citrusy.

View attachment 1053847
Something my old lady saw while she was out getting the girls’ hair cut and got for me as a surprise. Decent combo. I really don’t have a lot of cream experience... and while the stuff didn’t seem to want to blow up into a lot of lather when I tried to make it do so, it was glidey like there was oil in it... though not exactly slick. Hard to describe. AS was nice though. Citrusy.

I was looking at some local barbershops, thinking about going in for my first barbershop shave just to experience it, and I saw that they carried this stuff and was very curious about it.

I was looking at some local barbershops, thinking about going in for my first barbershop shave just to experience it, and I saw that they carried this stuff and was very curious about it.

I have no real complaints other than, since I’m a cheapskate... compared to my normal Arko/MWF mix... it probably costs 10x as much for the soap per use... as I have to use a decent dollap. It just doesn’t really lather too much... and I’ve worked the heck out of it trying to make it do so. It just kind of stays a really slick, really cushiony cream, but never builds volume. It really goes have a lotion/oil quality that is unlike other soaps I’ve used, limited as my experience is. I don’t think I’d ever buy it again myself... but it was a very thoughtful gift and I’m enjoying it while I have it.

A tub of Taylor of Old Bond Street Lavender:

proxy.php

Lavender shave creams are rather hard to find these days and I know of no retail stores in Toronto that carry Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving creams. I found it at a discounted price on the website of Classic Edge Shaving from Port Rowan, Ontario. Very fast friendly service and free shipping at Cdn.$60.

:c2:

2 tubes of Musgo Real Oak Moss and 1 lime basil yesterday at a Winners store in Canada (Marshalls/TJ Maxx chain in Canada) for $10 CND so less than $7 USD each.

Top Bottom