What's new

Shaving Cream Acquisitions

Picked up Arko Hydrating Shaving Cream for 2 Bucks. Figured I'd try it for that little bit of money.

Not bad. Good shave.

I just tried Proraso Blue. Not bad. I'd still put it a step below Green. The scent is fresh and kind of a generic-soap-clean fragrance.

NEOB lavender with calendula shaving butter. Direct from maker.
CD5C1E64-C2FE-4A48-A2FE-E84C5D7EC769.jpeg
241DB171-A377-4419-A607-C27CC9AF53EC.jpeg

03EF4137-D52D-4E73-B11A-51CFE66BC366.jpeg

I’ve yet to try it but will do so soon.

Last edited:
Got my Fine soaps the other day.
proxy.php

I found their shipping box to be a bit larger than necessary. The scent was really good on both and so was the shave. These triple milled soaps have a different lather feel than a hot process soap. Kind of like Tahoe snow vs. Utah snow- both are fun though. Overall 8/10

I picked up a couple of Arko creams- the moist is very good, no post shave balm. With that I picked up Imaj creams, the whole range and extra. I used the Saffron one and it was really good, thought of la toja, very good. Liked it more than the Arko creams. And they all cost R11.50 wich comes to 80c US each. I'm very impressed with the Imaj cream that I believe it could be a favourite in my range, so need to stock up. So if you guys come across it, it is worth it- Only downfall for the health in mind is that they contain Parabens...

I just received a tub of Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood and used it this morning for the first time. This is a really nice scented cream with fantastic performance that I don't read much about on the forums. I think it's very under rated, or at least not discussed much. I really like it!

1816135A-DD14-47E7-A93C-9698CF37E9DD.jpeg

Two relative newbies to the market, Fine Platinum shave cream and Speick Active (which is supposed to be more natural? I think). Would not be sad if I were only allowed to shave with this Speick the rest of my life.

Just pulled the plug on a tub of Cadyle Forbes Lime. This after trying a sample vial. All I can say is boy this is top quality cream with a scent to die for. Now to purchase the ASB

GFT Eucris. I got a tube and it is a great performer like all of the GFT creams, IMO. I love the scent too.

Good choice. I too have a tube for travelling. Now to pair it the Cologne or Parfum as GFT don’t make a cologne/aftershave balm. That’s a real shame

Top Bottom