What's new

Shaving Cream Acquisitions

proxy.php
Love the Sandalwood. How's the Mr. Taylor's?

Since I liked the TOBS Mr Taylors, I ordered a tub of TOBS Rose and TOBS Eton College.
And, just to bump the order up to get free shipping, I ordered another tub of Proraso Red.
Postal tracking sez it's in transit.

Since I liked the TOBS Mr Taylors, I ordered a tub of TOBS Rose and TOBS Eton College.
And, just to bump the order up to get free shipping, I ordered another tub of Proraso Red.
Postal tracking sez it's in transit.

Nice John. I really love Eton College for its summery citrusy scent on top of TOBS’s great performance. Never tried the Rose but you know you have to have a tub of your namesake cream. Proraso Red is a great wintery scent.

Woo-hoo! It came day earlier than estimated.

100_6579.JPG

I tried the Eton College tonight. What a treat.
The scent isn't as strong as the Mr Taylors, but I think it performs better. I could barely smell the Rose, but SWMBO thought it was great.
They both seem a lot softer than the Mr Taylors.

The little clear plastic bag has free sample chunks of Fendrihan's branded shaving soap. The last time I got some I made the mistake of microwaving it into a bowl, but I think I ruined it. The scent disappeared for one thing. This time I'll try grating it and adding a bit of water.
Never tried the Rose but you know you have to have a tub of your namesake cream.
Exactly so. Not surprisingly, I grew up with a lot of rose-scented products in the house, so ... nostalgia.

Last edited:
My wife bought me two tubs of cream for my birthday! :)

proxy.php

She let me smell them, but I'm not to use them until Saturday.
The Acca Kappa 1869 Almond seems to smell really nice. Can't wait to use it.

Not sure if I like the Taylor of Old Bond Street Aloe Vera scent.
We'll find out soon!

Haven't shaved with it but test lathered and it feels super slick. I also love the scent . Looking forward to trying it out. 20171122_115433.jpg

I placed an order for a bunch of stuff from Italian Barber yesterday. One of the items is TOBS Grapefruit. I heard so many people rave about it, I just had to have it. If the wife takes issue with it I’ll just say I bought it for our son.

Just got this on a recent trip to Toronto and all I can say is WOW!. The 450ml tub is about a year's supply. Lathers thick and slick and has a fresh, citrus odor without being overpowering. It's one of those creams where the slickness remains even after a blade pass is made.

proxy.php

Not here yet, but I've got Castle Forbes new 1445 shaving cream coming from across the pond as I type. Couldn't resist.

Top Bottom