What's new

Shaving brush

Needing some help . The shaving brush I have had for years has got messed up . My grand girls got it and got it wet and then left it shoved bristles down and it dried out leaving almost a hula skirt look to it with it looking like a hollow circle in the middle . I tried soaking it with a zip tie snugged around the bristles hoping they would straighten out but it didn't seem to do much good . Do you think maybe keep repeating it and will come back to normal or is it pretty well shot . Tried to lather up to shave but with it being hollow with no bristles on the inside was a pain . The brush has some sentimental value so would like to save it and keep using it .

You could try a conditioner on it a couple times. Rince and dry. Maybe it will pull itself back. If not putting in a new knot is always fun to do

Have someone like @Rudy Vey re-knot (put in a new knot) it for you.

You'll keep the handle and get a newer, better knot.

As above, pics will tell us more about your brush and if it's salvagable.

It looks a little better then last time . Was way worse first couple of times I cut it lose and used it . Maybe over time it will get back to normal . I use hot water to soak it . Will be sure to keep out of reach of them girls next time the come over !

Attachments

• 20220924_203958[1].jpg
    20220924_203958[1].jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 42
Top Bottom