What's new

shaving brush reccomendation

i am currently using the murker brush that comes with the murker vision set but i am wanting a better brush and would like reccomendations. i am specifically looking for a brush for shaving creams not soaps. i prefer very soft bristles that feel good on my face. i would also like a brush that can hold a ridiculous amount of water and cream. comfort and luxury are what i seek in a brush. thanks for the advice in advance

Josh,

Welcome aboard!

A brush for creams, with soft bristles, that can hold ridiculous amounts of water and cream and provides comfort and a luxurious feeling? Pick yourself up QED's SR212 tortoise hog, and call it a day. It's a 30mm in super that is soft, huge, and luxurious (and huge). Its floppiness makes it perfect for creams (but soaps not as much, even though it'll still do the job there if need be).

-Nick

Josh,

You don't suggest a price range, so you'll get lot's of options. Anything Shavemac silvertip will work, as will the Simpson PJ2. I just bought the PJ2 in Best and am loving it. Tonight I used my Rooney Style 2, small Genuine Silvertip and enjoyed it as well. Like anything else shaving, brushes are subjective. If you want something unique, Superior Brushes offer an excellent line in their 25mm knot, and Matt, one of the "makers" of the brushes, is a member here.

Randy

I also started with the Merkur brush and am having an existential crisis because it turns out to have been a far better brush than I gave it credit for being. So, if you're looking to upgrade, I'd recommend trying something very different, perhaps a large brush if that's what you're into. If you buy a silvertip brush of the same size in the $80-$130 range, you may end up finding the Merkur to be superior. It is a lovely brush!

Nick said:
Josh,

Pick yourself up QED's SR212 tortoise hog, and call it a day. It's a 30mm in super that is soft, huge, and luxurious (and huge). Its floppiness makes it perfect for creams

-Nick

Hey Nick..

Whats the diff btwn the SR212 and the SR208 besides the obvious....size and price?

Nick said:
Josh,

Welcome aboard!

A brush for creams, with soft bristles, that can hold ridiculous amounts of water and cream and provides comfort and a luxurious feeling? Pick yourself up QED's SR212 tortoise hog, and call it a day. It's a 30mm in super that is soft, huge, and luxurious (and huge). Its floppiness makes it perfect for creams (but soaps not as much, even though it'll still do the job there if need be).

-Nick
I concur!

Rikrdo said:
Whats the diff btwn the SR212 and the SR208 besides the obvious....size and price?
NADA! :w00t: I've got both, and that's my take anyway.

I would recommend a Rooney Super Silvertip in a Small or Medium size (from Classic Shaving) or an Omega Silvertip (from Em's Place). Both are quite soft and luxurious, but not floppy (that dreaded word). Very, very satisfying. IMHO, YMMV.

Leisureguy said:
I would recommend a Rooney Super Silvertip in a Small or Medium size (from Classic Shaving) or an Omega Silvertip (from Em's Place). Both are quite soft and luxurious, but not floppy (that dreaded word). Very, very satisfying. IMHO, YMMV.
Michael, Michael, Michael! Please floppy is not a bad word... Moppish is the BAD word!:ohmy:

Nick said:
Josh,

Welcome aboard!

-Nick

I used a 26mm for the first time today and I felt like I was going to drown its HUGE, a 23 MM is a great choice cause it fits the face!:biggrin:

Leisureguy said:

The only problem with this is that they are all out of stock as of today

Top Bottom