What's new

Shaving bowls

P1130143.JPGP1130855.JPG

I've never found ridges, bumps or otherwise to help with lather production, Personally. In fact, I'm pretty sure my timeless razors lather bowl's ridges impeded it. The soap would always get stuck at the base of the ridges therefore taking longer to dissolve. Same with the collapsible Stirling bowls with the elongated spires.

The best lather I've gotten in a bowl has consistently been a plastic water bowl for my dog that I was given in a gift basket at a hotel in Salt Lake City. About 7 inch inner diameter with a mostly flat base.

Ymmv etc

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Hello everyone,

This is my new shaving bowl - 10 cm width at the top and handmade olive wood .

After shaving it is washed and a drop or two of olive oil is passed over the surface using a microfibre cloth ( maintenance)

You are all welcome to mention your favourite shaving bowls , but please add some description.

Thank you in advance for your input.

View attachment 1365140
Looks great, enjoy

I received the bowl today via courier.

Exact measurements :
Top Outer rim 14 cm
Top Inner rim 10.5 cm
Width at base internally around 7 cm

View attachment 1369059

Just did a small amount of lather and excellent results.

I had recently purchased a puck of Lea soap( had never used before ) and the initial lathering was dreadful , but after soaking the puck in hot water for 10 mins the results were great and I take back my comments "... That I won't use or purchase again "

lea.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom