What's new

Shaving bowls

This is my baby it’s a nice bowl fits snug in my hand has a nice deep browny red colour that reminds me of pottery from that area …and it lathers great I don’t need to pump or anything just swirl move back and forth over the ridges no pressure..I don’t use it half as much as I should
Nice looking bowl and I like the color too! I didn't know Omega made shaving bowls, you learn something new everyday.

I have tried several lather bowls, the one I use now is by far the best I have ever used.
It is a Captain’s Large Copper Bowl, I also place it in a little larger bowl with hot water which keeps the lather on my brush warm.
E8594538-54D1-42DB-804D-7F9EB25B63E8.jpeg

I have many Ceramic bowls that I find at yard sales and thrift shops, prefer the thick heavy ones. I press my soaps in the bowls so I can puck lather, I'm finally down to three Tallow base soaps, Kilos of Vito's, Cella and Arko stick (bowl pressed) Sometimes I'll add Williams/Dove mix

For the time, t have shifted from my Q-Shave scuttle to this great bowl. It whips up great lather from my Cella green with either my Omega--11126 or Gray Dog brushes.
Yes, from what other users have told me it is very good .

I have thought of buying it too.

Thanks for your input.

My Fine bowl broke so on the lookout for another type. However, I thought I'd try an empty SV aluminium container. Am shocked in good way at this as a lather bowl. Masses of lather after seconds. Maybe the tin is rough, although it does seem smooth . In the past anything like smooth pottery soup bowl does not work.

Eben Stone

Staff member
This is my baby it’s a nice bowl fits snug in my hand has a nice deep browny red colour that reminds me of pottery from that area …and it lathers great I don’t need to pump or anything just swirl move back and forth over the ridges no pressure..I don’t use it half as much as I should
Still got that lather bowl you made?

My Fine bowl broke so on the lookout for another type. However, I thought I'd try an empty SV aluminium container. Am shocked in good way at this as a lather bowl. Masses of lather after seconds. Maybe the tin is rough, although it does seem smooth . In the past anything like smooth pottery soup bowl does not work.
Plastic and won't break.
The Chinese will clone anything .

Top Bottom