What's new

Shaving back to being a chore?

Thank you for the heartfelt words. I was able to rekindle somewhat. Since my last post here I played around with another razor that I've had less success with in the past. I intuitively tried a completely different angle, and everything seemed to click in place! So this razor (the Razorock Gamechanger .68) now delivers a shave just as good as, if not better than, the razor before. Now I have two razors I can trust to give me a close and comfortable shave.

I haven't recaptured all of the excitement of when I was a complete beginner. Although I doubt that's possible for most people.

Regarding the GC .68 magic angle, was it more shallow (riding the cap) or steep (riding the safety bar)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The second. Best way for me to describe is: (for WTG) start with safety bar, then tilt handle upward until you start to feel the blade.

Not a chore for me after almost three years. Variety (razors, blades, soaps and aftershaves) keep things from getting stale.

I also only shave two (three at most) times a weeks. If I had to shave every day things might get a little repetitive and boring.

Shaving is not a chore for me, and I think the reason why is the mindset with which I approach it. When I'm shaving, that's what I'm doing. I'm "listening" to what my eyes are telling me, what my face is telling me, and what my razor is telling me through my hand. The objective is more than mere pogonotomy; the objective is movement in the direction of perfection of skill with the sharpness in hand.

SWMBO kinda likes stubble. My boss is bearded. The co-workers who "shave" have a five o'clock shadow by 8:15. But I care. The time and effort is for me.

Hasn’t been a chore since I switched to DEs back in 2015

But if it’s too time consuming, no reason you can’t use a foam and DE for just one pass. It’ll be quick and still likely a decent shave. Two passes if you want to take the extra five minutes. A light splash and presto!

Top Bottom