What's new

Shaving around a goatee

My goatee area has only been shaved once in the last twenty years (guard slipped off my beard trimmer once a few months ago and left a hole, which obliged me to clean it up by shaving the rest of it off.) That led to any number of weepers since the skin was not toughened. I can't say I'm eager to repeat the experience.

I wear a goatee and I am in complete agreement. I shave mine off several times a year just so I can shave my whole face. My wife likes the facial hair so I grow it back to keep her happy. But I definitely feel what you are feeling about not shaving my whole face.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
My wife also likes facial hair, so I keep a goatee year-round, except for a couple weeks in the fall. I grow a full beard every winter, and I start from clean-shaven so it all comes in evenly.

I generally have a goatee and soul patch (no moustache), but shave it off for a month or two most years just to "stay in practice" shaving my chin (straight razors).

I guess that means I miss shaving my whole face to at least some degree.

I've had a mustache nearly 40 consecutive years. I've had chin hair in there for about 30 of those years. Hair doesn't grow on the top, so I shave the dome, cheeks and neck daily. I find that very satisfying.

I have worn facial hair since high school. The last decade or so I have gone between full beard and "circle beard" goatee. Last month I cleared the face completely, and am experimenting with Van Dyke goatee styles. Keeps the chin "in the game" of shaving and shaping. Trying to keep a sharp line on the rounded chin is even more challenging than regular chin shaving.

There is never anything fun about shaving above the upper lip. :)

I really want a mustache but my wife prefers my goatee so I keep it and like it. I still feel my shave is awesome and I don't have to worry about the problem areas on my chin when I shave with a goatee!

Not at all.
I have a goatee (wife likes it) that has been shaved off once with a straight. I don't know why everyone thinks it is so difficult to shave that area.
Once you are proficient in handling a straight it doesn't matter where the blade has to go.
I will never be without a mustache. I can't stand the feeling of having it gone. It just feels weird.

Top Bottom