Votes: 7 14.9%
  • I normally SR shave - NO

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • I normally don't SR shave - YES

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • I normally don't SR shave - NO

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters
Yups, ride a second hand BMW1200RT (2011) and still happy with it, milage gone seriously down since covid.
10.000k with a Yamaha Diversion 600, 41.000k with a Kawasaki GTR1000 and now 13.000 with the beemer.
And SR-ing with a Muhle Rytmo, R41, FOCS and a 30's gillette old stylo clone (unknown milage :adoration:)

I normally shave with a DE (but occasionally have ventured into the SR world) and am a fair-weather Kawasaki Vulcan 800 rider. It's been rainy this summer and, coupled my work schedule, the bike hasn't gotten the love it needs. Still I'm enjoying both my shave and my ride!!

Mainly DE for me. I rarely shave with the SRs lately, but I have logged over 1700 miles on my Kawi since June just riding locally. I've noticed over the last ten years or so, street rides are a bit more sketchy due to many drivers using cell phones but I don't think I can ever give up riding*. Not living in the NC Foothills, there's just too many great, curvy roads.

*I should say as health permits. At 60 yr old, I can't be certain how many good riding years are left so my plan is just enjoy it as long as possible.

20210625_201543.jpg

Last edited:
never tried an SR, that's seems dangerous tool for the daredevils.
Unfortunately a stupid ignorant van driver atomized my motorcycle few years back and even I am longing for riding, did not replaced the bike since. it's in the works tho, but on the backburner.
I rode a yamaha xt600 for commute and for joyrides. We have plenty of unpaved roads and beautiful places everywhere. My daughter is asking about a bike licence so eventually I have to buy another one to help her, lol.

yamahaxt600.jpg

I normally shave with a DE (but occasionally have ventured into the SR world) and am a fair-weather Kawasaki Vulcan 800 rider. It's been rainy this summer and, coupled my work schedule, the bike hasn't gotten the love it needs. Still I'm enjoying both my shave and my ride!!
My last bike was the VN750 (it was also branded a Vulcan unless I'm mistaken). The shaft drive took a few KMs to get used to having previously only had chain drives. I would love to have another one, but they're no longer produced and nigh on impossible to find on the used market in Ireland.

I would also like the W650, but the same issue of availability arises. People who have them don't seem to sell.

My last bike was the VN750 (it was also branded a Vulcan unless I'm mistaken). The shaft drive took a few KMs to get used to having previously only had chain drives. I would love to have another one, but they're no longer produced and nigh on impossible to find on the used market in Ireland.

I would also like the W650, but the same issue of availability arises. People who have them don't seem to sell.
IMG_20210815_192210.jpg

If you want a W650 why not look at a W800? Love my Cafe model. She replaced my Triumph Thruxton
30152851788_976974851e_k.jpg

Believe it or not, I have a motorcycle helmet for riding a fat-tire ebike during winter. The standard Mtn/BMX helmet moves airflow through many ports. A proper fiberglass helmet is far more comfortable in winter and on some late-night rides.
(My last motorcycle was an R100RS but that ended before my 30s, something about fools who blindly drive cars into motorcycle's headlights.)

Last edited:
Now, which one of you is doing both simultaneously??? Thats what I wanna know. 😁

Hi,

Nope. Not me. Shave, then ride. I shave in the morning. Left over from the firefighting days when being clean shaven meant actually surviving those toxic gases. Air mask is no good without a proper seal.

I have my 78 Honda GL-1000 GoldWing still. With hard bags and trunk from the next GW design grafted on. It used to be owned by the father of a close friend growing up and he bought it new. Then he sold it but then I was next in line. In 81 I bought a GL-500 SilverWing but a few years later sold it for the GL-1000. And, I still have the 1973 Indian 70 dirt bike I rode a lot with that friend on his Honda Elsinore whilst we waited to become old enough to get our road licences. :)

Oh, and I blacked out the G in GoldWing on the side covers. It now reads oldWing. ;)

Now, how many more years I'll have this, I don't know. I used to have a GL-1100 and a GL-1200 alongside the GL-1000 but they came and went and the oldWing stays. But, at 60 and semi retired, I don't know for how much longer. I don't ride as frequently as I used to when I commuted. And I don't take many road trips since my wife had her spinal fusion. I can't risk that. In fact, that was what the other two GWs were all about. She never liked the back of the 1000.

Well, the 1000 was more Sport Bike than the later 1100 (and all which followed) redesign. I made it into a Sport Tourer by grafting on those 1100 parts. Quite often it is mistaken for a modern BMW.

Oh, and I sould add I went hot and heavy for a Valkyrie when they came out. But, way too heavy for my tastes. Same for every GoldWing they came out with after the 1200.

Stan

Top Bottom