What's new

Shaving against the grain(moustache area)?

Would it be wise to go against the grain on the moustache area. I usually go down and then across the grain. Its the only area in which i have not gone against the grain.
What do you think gentlemen?

For that area --for me-- I go with, then across and a final up against the grain. Remember to never shave an area without lather! I re-lather for each pass. But like I said, this is for me as each person is unique. This is the only area on my face other than my cheeks that I can shave against the grain.

Wolfman said:
For that area --for me-- I go with, then across and a final up against the grain. Remember to never shave an area without lather! I re-lather for each pass. But like I said, this is for me as each person is unique. This is the only area on my face other than my cheeks that I can shave against the grain.
I once was a bit lazy and shaved on an area without lather. I certainly paid the penalty!:eek:

This is one area that I'm *really* careful with. My upper lip is easily cut for some reason, and as a trumpet player I don't mess around with my lip if I don't have to.

Also, I can normally get a very close shave w/o an against the grain pass here--that's my experience, though.

From my own shaving habits, I find to get that ultra smooth shave, I need to do a S-N on tmy upper lip. It's just a matter of getting the right starting point.

I can tell you righht now, as has already been mentioned, caution is the key. Maybe I just like to live life on the edge, but I shave N-S, then E-W or W-E (always from the outside in to the middle), then S-N, then SE-NW or SW-NE (depending on sides again), and I always end up with a smooth upper lip.

Again, YMMV.

Peace.

Pierre

against is ok , its the only way to get the super smooth FX going.
I use PSO as a final pass on it always never lather for me the shaving oil is critical to use. for the upper lip .

my 2 cents,

Another with, across, and against the grain shaver. I just can't be happy without an against the grain pass everywhere....sometimes more than one!

mrob said:
This is one area that I'm *really* careful with. My upper lip is easily cut for some reason, and as a trumpet player I don't mess around with my lip if I don't have to.

Also, I can normally get a very close shave w/o an against the grain pass here--that's my experience, though.

Same (I'm a trombonist). I usually just go with the grain on each of my 3-4 passes.

Louis Armstrong used to be really afraid of someone punching him "in the chops". I may not be Satchmo, but I'll take my care nonetheless, thanks.

Aky, that guy has some SERIOUS hair issues. For a minute there, I thought he had a black t-shirt on under his collared shirt.

Kyle said:
Aky, that guy has some SERIOUS hair issues. For a minute there, I thought he had a black t-shirt on under his collared shirt.
Well i guess if he wanted to he could take off what he is wearing and no one will know if he is wearing a black t shirt or not!:lol:

Top Bottom