What's new

Shavin Mail Call!!! I got me my Schick Type I (Part 2)

Ok gents, so I just disinfected and shaved with my Type I hydro-magic razor. I used for the shave just a standard face wash for prep and usage of Gillette shave gel for the soap. My first impressions of this razor are fantastic. The first pass WTG was phenomenal. The razor cut better than the ST2 disposables I've been using up to this point. The second pass was ATG and this pass was just as productive as the first pass, but with a few weepers I will attribute to inexperience and bad shave soap. Third pass was also fairly non-eventful save for those minor weepers. All things considered, I think this one is a keeper and more to my liking. SE razors are definitely better than DE for me. And even if the blades are somewhat expensive, if they last a good amount of shaves, I'm paying FAR less at what, 5 to 7 dollars, vs $15 or even $20 for cartridges?

Ok gents, so I just disinfected and shaved with my Type I hydro-magic razor. I used for the shave just a standard face wash for prep and usage of Gillette shave gel for the soap. My first impressions of this razor are fantastic. The first pass WTG was phenomenal. The razor cut better than the ST2 disposables I've been using up to this point. The second pass was ATG and this pass was just as productive as the first pass, but with a few weepers I will attribute to inexperience and bad shave soap. Third pass was also fairly non-eventful save for those minor weepers. All things considered, I think this one is a keeper and more to my liking. SE razors are definitely better than DE for me. And even if the blades are somewhat expensive, if they last a good amount of shaves, I'm paying FAR less at what, 5 to 7 dollars, vs $15 or even $20 for cartridges?
:a50:

OK, so I just found the Van Der Hagen shave set at my local Wal-Mart for about 15 bucks. I jumped on it and now I will be properly wet shaving starting tomorrow. Wish me luck!

OK, so I just found the Van Der Hagen shave set at my local Wal-Mart for about 15 bucks. I jumped on it and now I will be properly wet shaving starting tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Many of us started with VDH. I still use my VDH badger brush from the Luxury kit, and the VDH Luxury soap is excellent and inexpensive.

The Schick injector Type I is a superb razor with a user friendly handle.

It's a little mild for me, but that can be fixed with NOS twin injector blades (if the razor doesn't have they hydro-magic lever feature), or by doing a 4 pass shave.

I get 15 to 20 shaves with an injector blade. Some guys get more.

Top Bottom