What's new

Shavex Alum Blocks

shavex said:
Alum is often confused to be Aluminium Sulphate but basically it is Potash Alum. It is the natural astringent properties which make potash alum heal razor burns. At the same time, alum is highly capable of reducing sweat release from underarms, making it an efficient deodorant.

(Offtopic) Sue have changed your mail address for Bear Haven, its not working!

I thought it did not so much reduce the sweat, but prevent the bacteria that actually creates the odor from growing. A plug from the website of one of these alum deodorants:

http://www.thecrystal.com/product_information.cfm

Body Odor

If you are one of those people who believe that body odor comes from perspiring, you are only partially correct. Body odor is actually a byproduct of the perspiration coming into contact with the bacteria on your skin. Eliminate one or the other and you have eliminated body odor. However, it is not healthy to try to stop your body from perspiring. Your body regulates its temperature through perspiration and eliminates a small fraction of toxins that you come in contact with on a daily basis. Eliminating the bacteria from this equation is obviously the healthier choice.

J

That is awesome information yomuppet!! Thank you!! I thought it was especially interesting that it is endorsed by the American Cancer Society. I opened my first package of Alum tonight. I like the plastic containers that they come it! Great for traveling!!!

Well, of course I sniffed it.. and then for some reason I licked it.. I think you guys are really starting to get to me... It doesn't taste good to me, sorry.... :ohmy:

I am giving it a shot. I used it tonight after my bath instead of deodorant.. I just put it under the faucet quickly and then rubbed it on. I have heard so many bad things about regular deodorant that I am pretty excited about this.... but I will give it a couple of days and see how it works.

For those of you who have ordered this, it will ship tomorrow!

Bear Hugs!

Sue (Mama Bear)

I will say this.... normally when I wake up in the morning I need to clean up a bit before starting my day... I sleep very heavily and will sweat in my sleep a bit... (this is so hard to do without wanting to crawl under the bed by the way...) but there was absolutely no odor this morning. Instead of gummy Secret residue being there, I felt clean. I do not think this is to be taken as an endorsement as of yet, I think it needs more time. But I was pleasantly surprised this morning.

Now, I will crawl under the bed...... :001_unsur

mrs. chefchris said:
Sue,

I found the fact that you licked the alum block :eek: more concerning, than the facts of the last post.

There were a couple of guys who were saying it tasted good.. I am a little worried about it too..... I couldn't help myself... :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Sue, I have used crystal deoderants for over a year and have not looked back. When I travel I do use a travel deoderant but most of the time I use the crystal. I do not notice any type of body odour after spending time in the hot Texas weather.

mrs. chefchris said:
Sue,

I found the fact that you licked the alum block :eek: more concerning, than the facts of the last post.

Amen to that... im worried now aswell...can I sleep tonight ! OI OI ! :tongue:

I was originally going to just pm this to mama bear, but I think everybody can appreciate this..

an e-mail I recieved recently:

GONNA BE A BEAR

In this life I'm a woman. In my next life I'd
like to come back as a bear. When you're a
bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing
but sleep for six months. I could deal with
that.

Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat
yourself stupid. I could deal with that too.

When you're a girl bear, you birth your
children (who are the size of walnuts) while
you're sleeping and wake to partially grown,
cute, cuddly cubs. I could definitely deal with
that.

If you're mama bear, everyone knows you
mean business. You swat anyone who
bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of
line, you swat them too. I could deal with
that.

If you're a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to
wake up growling. He EXPECTS that you
will have hairy legs and excess body fat.

Yup, gonna be a BEAR!!!!:biggrin:

Mama bear please help. I have on the way an alum block and a tub of your rosewood soap. So which one do I lick first. HAHAHAHA

I really, really like my alum block.. I have to say this tho, I washed with a rough cloth before I used it tonight and my underarms are on fire....:eek:

The thing is, it leaves me feeling cleaner and fresher than I imagined! It works wonderfully too. I am going to do this one more week and then switch back to deodorant and then see how it is.. I suspect that I will be throwing all my deodorants away tho. I am pretty darned happy! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Allright, I have been using this block on my underarms for about 2 weeks now. I was origionally going to go back after one week and switch back to my secret deodorant... I just can't bring myself to use it again... something I swore by for 30 years! I will probably just toss them all away.

I am an alum girl now!

I have to say that the Shavex blocks do not leave the powdery residue that everyone else referrs to.. this is a huge plus for me. I also have no idea if they will work as well for someone who has hair there...I don't know if the hair will get in the way or not.

But, there is no way that you are going to get me to go back to deodorant and there is no way your are going to pry my alum block out of my fingers.... Thank You Gaurav! I feel cleaner, smell better and feel healthier this way. I am hooked totally and completely. The more you use it the better it gets. I am getting ready to start a second block and try it on my face... I don't think I would want to use the same block in both places. I will let you know if it does anything for my complexion and pores... soon.

Sue (Mama Bear) :tongue_sm :thumbup1:

Top Bottom