What's new

Shaveworks the Cool Fix

Done anyone here have any experience with this stuff? I recently shaved with a razor that I shelved forever ago because how much I hated it. For some reason I thought my technique had improved so I gave this old girl another go. I learned that my technique hasn't changed and this razor and I still have the same communications problems.

Anyways, my neck looked like I had chickenpox and I knew the ingrowns were not far behind. I ended up pulling out a sample I had of this stuff and although my neck still shows signs of trauma, it healed faster than I've ever seen. I am thinking about buying a bigger bottle but I'd like to get people's take on this.

Thanks,

Done anyone here have any experience with this stuff? I recently shaved with a razor that I shelved forever ago because how much I hated it. For some reason I thought my technique had improved so I gave this old girl another go. I learned that my technique hasn't changed and this razor and I still have the same communications problems.

Anyways, my neck looked like I had chickenpox and I knew the ingrowns were not far behind. I ended up pulling out a sample I had of this stuff and although my neck still shows signs of trauma, it healed faster than I've ever seen. I am thinking about buying a bigger bottle but I'd like to get people's take on this.

Thanks,

Use it pretty regularly, almost at then end of a bottle and I like it a lot. Can't say anything about ingrowns since, fortunately, I haven't had that problem, but it does seem to remedy irritation, both look and fell, pretty quickly. Beyond that, only advice I can offer is use sparingly; a little goes a long way.

Does anyone know of an alternative that works for Cool Fix by Shaveworks? I liked the performance of this stuff and the way it made my skin feel, but I HATE the scent. Yuk!

Does anyone know of an alternative that works for Cool Fix by Shaveworks? I liked the performance of this stuff and the way it made my skin feel, but I HATE the scent. Yuk!

I bought a small bottle of this product when I first started with traditional methods. In those early days, I had some rough shaves and so I used it with some frequency. Once I developed my skill, I came to need it seldom and so I still have about half that bottle. But it is good for those times.

As for the scent: one time I remember cutting a peach after having used it. Even though I had washed my hands before doing so, my wife asked, "What made that peach taste funny?"

This stuff is the best I've found to treat razor burn but I don't generally use it as an every day aftershave. Not that I couldn't I just like others better.

Where this really excels is in treating razor burn. If you have razor burn then when you apply it, it will sting like hell. I'm talking a light you up kind of sting. But all of the pain and discomfort you were feeling before will quickly disappear. Usually with just one application. In the cases where I've still had a small bit of discomfort after one application, a second application an hour or so later took care of it completely and had me shaving again the next morning.

It's absolutely amazing how well this stuff works for razor burn.

This stuff is the best I've found to treat razor burn but I don't generally use it as an every day aftershave. Not that I couldn't I just like others better.

Where this really excels is in treating razor burn. If you have razor burn then when you apply it, it will sting like hell. I'm talking a light you up kind of sting. But all of the pain and discomfort you were feeling before will quickly disappear. Usually with just one application. In the cases where I've still had a small bit of discomfort after one application, a second application an hour or so later took care of it completely and had me shaving again the next morning.

It's absolutely amazing how well this stuff works for razor burn.

Yes, true but I really think it smells bad. Really sour.

Top Bottom