What's new

Shavette user! Finally!

After a month of doing wtg/xtg passes only. I finally got a bbs tonight. Maybe I will upgrade in the future to an feather ss if they are a better shave. I throw my blades after 1 shave in what I'm using. Oh ya I mean wtg/xtg/atg today no nicks really, just a little redness that is going to pass!

Attachments

• 20190603_204819.jpg
    20190603_204819.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 22
No nicks bbs with a shavette with a half DE blade ir would be for me a master degree. I have a ss Feather Straight and it’s a better shave then with DE blades YMAO but when I use a proguard blade (soon I’ll be trying with a Kai mild pink). With the proguard blade it’s less demanding on technique and very effective.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

No nicks bbs with a shavette with a half DE blade ir would be for me a master degree. I have a ss Feather Straight and it’s a better shave then with DE blades YMAO but when I use a proguard blade (soon I’ll be trying with a Kai mild pink). With the proguard blade it’s less demanding on technique and very effective.

Well it did take me a month to figure it out. Would be nice to have a feather ss, if what your saying it's less demanding on technique, and very effective. Now I used GSB blade when I did it instead of my personal favorite feather de blade so I would have a better chance of less nicks and redness.

Well it did take me a month to figure it out. Would be nice to have a feather ss, if what your saying it's less demanding on technique, and very effective. Now I used GSB blade when I did it instead of my personal favorite feather de blade so I would have a better chance of less nicks and redness.

[emoji108]
The SS Feather shavette is demanding too. My worst cut was with that shavette and a feather professional blade. Light distraction an lots of blood. Proguard blades are different for better, much protetor and still eficiente . But I quickly made the step for straight razors and what a delight!! Straights are much more forging then shavette. YMAO there’s no better way to shave.
Kind regards

[emoji108]
The SS Feather shavette is demanding too. My worst cut was with that shavette and a feather professional blade. Light distraction an lots of blood. Proguard blades are different for better, much protetor and still eficiente . But I quickly made the step for straight razors and what a delight!! Straights are much more forging then shavette. YMAO there’s no better way to shave.
Kind regards

Yes, I wish I could get into straights, It's just the money involved!

You can get a japonese straight for the same amount as a feather ss shavette plus blades. And japonese straights are the best you can find.

3M lapping films and a marble tile for honing will cost you $25 + $4
Illinois strop of eBay $20-30
Vintage razor $7-20
We'll help you as you evolve. @ Steveclarkus was/is my mentor. I am sure he and myself will get you there. All you need to do is provide the motivation.

Vintage razor $7-20
We'll help you as you evolve. @ Steveclarkus was/is my mentor. I am sure he and myself will get you there. All you need to do is provide the motivation.

Vintage razor so cheap! Where if I may ask?
Thank you

Vintage razor so cheap! Where if I may ask?
Thank you

You may ask.:) eBay is where I have acquired mine. :thumbsup: It is easy, but you'll have to teach yourself how to look at the photos and what to go for and what to avoid. I prefer "estate find straight razors" and avoid dealers and flippers.

Vintage razor $7-20
Yes, 3m lapping films will be my only chance. As well as Japanese straights run the same price or less than Japanese ss . I was so looking forward to getting the shaving blocks though.

Yesterday tried feather blade in my shavette and the outcome was nearly a bbs except on the jaw line... some cuts a few I will admit even being carefull... The aftershave got rid of that though... this morning my face looks Good! To compare to the GSB blade a couple days earlier I would say when going atg the half blade was pretty dull when the feather was still pretty sharp atg... I guess it's all a learning progress... I want to learn with the feather a little more... The GSB blade I think if I want a bbs i will need to use 2 half blades for one shave unfortunately or it's just struggling to get close enough... for products for the two shaves I did I used the same... proraso pro boar, proraso shaving soap ( green ), and proraso after shave toning with eucalyptus oil and menthol ( green ).

The Feather shavettes have a very steep learning curve. You need the flattest possible angle, great dexterity, and a much lighter touch. You will need a lot of patience and persistence, so be prepared for some discomfort and cuts.

I recommend that you begin with Pro Guard blades, then the Pro Supers, and then finally progress to the Pro blades as they are the sharpest.

The Feather shavettes have a very steep learning curve. You need the flattest possible angle, great dexterity, and a much lighter touch. You will need a lot of patience and persistence, so be prepared for some discomfort and cuts.

I recommend that you begin with Pro Guard blades, then the Pro Supers, and then finally progress to the Pro blades as they are the sharpest.
I am now happy with the shavette with bic blades. It's shaving not looking for the perfect shave anymore. My shavette, bic blades, and de razors are good. I'm all good! Tnx

Being happy with Bic blades is a difficult thing for me to fathom. They are among the very worst of DE blades, and I say that having sampled over 100 DE blades.

Feather Professional blades have a smoothness I would normally only attribute to carbon steel blades, and hold their edges far longer.

Being happy with Bic blades is a difficult thing for me to fathom. They are among the very worst of DE blades, and I say that having sampled over 100 DE blades.

Feather Professional blades have a smoothness I would normally only attribute to carbon steel blades, and hold their edges far longer.
Ok

Top Bottom