What's new

Shavette poll

Kai Captain

Kai.jpg

I have a no-name Feather knock-off, from Korea, that I purchased over 10 years ago. I thought I'd use it to see if I liked the concept until it would fall apart and then I'd purchase something like a Feather AC. As it turns out, this cheap, knock-off razor works great and is a regular part of my rotation using Feather professional super blades. It doesn't look so great but it still works ... kind of like me I guess.

View attachment 1079680

I believe that's a Samsong (I've also seen them listed as Sam Seong) razor, and I've heard they are very good. They're a little more expensive than the CJB/Greager knockoffs, but still considerably less than a genuine Feather or Kai.

I received my Feather SS folding today, and am looking forward to shaving with it - won't be today due to being on call for work.

Attachments

• 2020-05-23 10.36.31.jpg
    2020-05-23 10.36.31.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
I received my Feather SS folding today, and am looking forward to shaving with it - won't be today due to being on call for work.

It's very good, easy to shave with. But still be careful if it's your first time with a Feather. I have the Scotch Wood version.

I'm going to be starting with Pro Guards, and taking plenty of time! I do have some shavette experience already, but not a lot!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

2.5 pass shave with a ProGuard gave me probably a CCS+/DFS- level shave with almost no sting from the alum. I like it!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Parker SRX: need to improve my technique.
Focus Slim Al: Doing fairly well, enough to feel confident or maybe like a sucker.
"Sally SS" clone: just starting out but liking it
Razorine: Wow. That was a mistake. Rehomed.

That's it for now... Would still like to find a decent Universal Lama Intera.

O.H.

1.Gerneric push-in shavette: my favorite with Gillete Rubie. 15-24 shaves.
2.Chinese Cloude shavette (Dovo shavette type) ca 15 shaves with chinese Jing-shi or Cloud
cabinet (a77) blade
3. Kai Captain chinese clone with Gillette Rubie blade ca 12-15 shaves
4. Parker SRX type shavette with Rubie blade. ca 15 shaves .
5. Chinese Strong Leopard type shavette with Cloude or Jing-shi cabinet (A77) blade 12-15 shaves
6. Feather SS type chinese clone with Feather Pro blades. 3 - 15 shaves. the WORST !

Conclusion: I like the narrow and light maneuverabel shavette.

Parker SRX: need to improve my technique.
Focus Slim Al: Doing fairly well, enough to feel confident or maybe like a sucker.
"Sally SS" clone: just starting out but liking it
Razorine: Wow. That was a mistake. Rehomed.

That's it for now... Would still like to find a decent Universal Lama Intera.

O.H.
Lama Interra, shipping is not cheap
And this one, don't know about shipping

Top Bottom