What's new

Shavette poll

Nothing to be afraid of once you get a little practice. better than a DE in my opinion. No nicks, cuts or weepers once you get proficient and its a very comfortable, close shave.
I'm sure you are correct, and I am a proficient straight razor shaver, but those things look so......clinical....like something you would use in surgery!

Maybe someday I will try one. Which one would be good to start with?

Although a little pricey, it has to be my Feather Artist Club DX
2222222.jpg

I'm sure you are correct, and I am a proficient straight razor shaver, but those things look so......clinical....like something you would use in surgery!

I just started with a cheap one that takes half a DE blade. I moved up to a Parker and have stuck to then.

I have kept only Universal lama intera model. I have heard good reports on feather/kai shavette using an ac blade.

Although a little pricey, it has to be my Feather Artist Club DX
View attachment 1080055

Feather SS or DX. I like the SS because of the little "safety bump" near the blade.

I'd recommend this one!
IMG_20200413_023657.jpg

"Sedef" or "Ali Bikyli" Razor

It has superb unnatural lightness that I'm pretty sure extremely helps you not get cut.

90% of Turkish barbers use , a fact . Had even looked up barber school and these where required.

It looks exactly like a straight razor to the naked eye , keeping that coolness factor.

Decent quality!

Probably been around for ages unchanged?

Also I really like the hold , loop and finger placement. Plus the lead jimps it was a really drawn out design.

And there dirt cheap , two razors for $6.00 shipped off Amazo!

Anyone ask me , or new to straight razor. I'd say go with this one!

I'd recommend this one!
View attachment 1086186

It has superb unnatural lightness that I'm pretty sure extremely helps you not get cut.

90% of Turkish barbers use , a fact . Had even looked up barber school and these where required.

It looks exactly like a straight razor to the naked eye , keeping that coolness factor.

Decent quality!

Also I really like the hold , loop and finger placement. Plus the lead jimps it was a really drawn out design.

That does look really nice

I'd recommend this one!
View attachment 1086186

Decent quality!

It seems very dangerous to load and unload the blade !
How to load a Sedef

It seems very dangerous to load and unload the blade !
How to load a Sedef

Luckily, small children rarely need a shavette. :wink2:

Regarding the original question, I must admit that I am split between the Sedef and the Parker SRX. I like them both, and I cannot say which I like the most. The thing they have in common is that they hold the blade very securely. Not much movement, chatter or vibration as you shave.

Last edited:
FAC non folders without a doubt. Easy to maneuver and no blade chatter. Feather Pros and Pro Supers are insanely sharp out of the box, so I prefer the Guards, the Prolines and the Kai blades. Dorco and Shears Direct tug bug time from new.

Top Bottom