What's new

Shavette Blade Question

Hi All,

Wasn't sure where to post this since I didn't see a shavette forum. I've never used a shavette and have a question:

Do any of the shavettes use a standard blade? Maybe a standard blade snapped in half lengthwise? I've just seen the longer shavette blade models. Also, any brand recommendations? The Parkers seem to be fairly popular.

Thanks Much!

Lots of shavettes take standard DE blades. Spilo Magic Razor from Sally Beauty (or clone from AliExpress), Universal, Vanta, and Focus R21 and R28 from Italy, Sedef from Turkey, any of the Parkers, and tons of no name shavettes from AliExpress

Lots of shavettes take standard DE blades. Spilo Magic Razor from Sally Beauty (or clone from AliExpress), Universal, Vanta, and Focus R21 and R28 from Italy, Sedef from Turkey, any of the Parkers, and tons of no name shavettes from AliExpress
^ That covers the bases pretty well.

I just use a stout pair of scissors to cut the DE blades in half. There's only like 5 or so pre-cut blades I could find, so using a full blade cut down gives a nice range of aggressiveness to choose from.

I like the feel of my parker barber in full stainless. I'm not good with it yet, but getting to the point where I only nick myself once!

Top Bottom