What's new

Shavette And Barber Razor Enthusiast (SABRE) group

To all the shavette that i've tried that 1 is the closest from a traditional straight feel. Here's some pics. It was very cheap but and the blades who comes whit it are very good to

Your version with the long, slim blades looks great – the blade exposure doesn't seem so scary. I know Cloud make that style of blade, and I'm eager to try those (their standard DE blades are pretty OK).

Last edited:
View attachment 805842 View attachment 805843 View attachment 805844 I took a chance and order that shavette from alliexpress and i was very pleased by the results. To all the shavette that i've tried that 1 is the closest from a traditional straight feel. Here's some pics. It was very cheap but and the blades who comes whit it are very good to
This is my third shave whit the same blade and still going strong, knowing that is a double edge my guess is I'll be able to shave 5 shaves or more on each side. Anyway I'm more and more satisfy whit the results of that shavette, I didn't try The Feather or the Kai Captain but to my opinion it's probably equivalent of that. I'll let you know later on how many shaves I was able to get on 1 blade.

Great. We're all interested.

Several companies seem to be making that type of blade, and even the half-size blades I've seen have two sharp edges. And there are two different Antelope blades - not sure what the difference is, but I have some on order.

antelopeBlades.JPG

Shaved with the half-blade Vanta tonight:
IMG_8620.JPG

Such a thin head! This one has a sliding cover and there's a model with a pivoting cover too (which I posted pics of before for my Cardiff shave).
The Vanta looks good, will take the old style Gillette Platinums which don't have the circular cutouts and it shaves magnificently.
Boom!

On to the Mauser last night:
IMG_8640.JPG

I'd thought that because of its small scales it wouldn't feel very good in the hand (an issue I have with the Weck Bantam).
But in fact the Mauser weighs 40g and balances perfectly.

The front corner of the blade is covered (like the Vantas and the Focus Slim), there's just the right amount of blade exposure and it's an excellent excellent shave!

IMG_0177.JPG
Going on my 5 shave whit the same blade(one side) and still a great comfy shave whit my new shavette, I'll probably good for another 3 or 4 shave before I change the blade side.

I'm hoping I can actually fit an Artist Club blade in these. Might have to file the pins/nubs a little. I have a version with a plastic insert (like a Dovo) and AC blades fit fine - the blade fits over the middle pin and is sandwiched between the two end pins.

I'm hoping I can actually fit an Artist Club blade in these. Might have to file the pins/nubs a little. I have a version with a plastic insert (like a Dovo) and AC blades fit fine - the blade fits over the middle pin and is sandwiched between the two end pins.
Amazing! I suppose the equivalent of Feather Artist Club could be "Graphical Workers Collective" or something... :)

Full blade Vanta now:
IMG_8649.JPG

The light weight and thin head make it less stable than the Universal so it requires a firm and assertive grip.
Very manouverable and the thin head laid flat on the face gives excellent ATG shaving.
Ottimo!

Amazing! This is like a Chinese equivalent of Artist Club :)
What a discovery you have made!!
I can't wait for mine to arrive now...
I have one on its way too.
Also a question: how do you see the Rocnel SE P (OC)? It uses the same blades as shavettes and Rocnel states on its site it is for professional use (by barbers). So a barber razor?

I have one on its way too.
Also a question: how do you see the Rocnel SE P (OC)? It uses the same blades as shavettes and Rocnel states on its site it is for professional use (by barbers). So a barber razor?
Hmm... the Rocnel SE is definitely a safety razor not a shavette.
I think that Barber Razor here is a synonym for shavette though @TheVez2 must have the final ruling since he is the OP...

Hmm... the Rocnel SE is definitely a safety razor not a shavette.
I think that Barber Razor here is a synonym for shavette though @TheVez2 must have the final ruling since he is the OP...
Fortunately I also have my Japanese V Safety Razor, kamisori style shavette. It takes AC blades and standard injector blades. I use Schick Problade B's in it.
V shavette.jpg

AFAIK V (safety razor) is the brand name; I know of 2 shavettes by them. The one I have and one that takes de blades, like your Vanta.
How does this V razor shave?
I find mine really well balanced with a nice grip and I enjoy it a lot.
I'd like to see the model that takes DE blades.

Strong Leopard for me last night - big blade exposure and a heavy head make for some fierce and excellent shaving!
IMG_8668.JPG

This. ^^
My universal shavette uses a DE blade, but doesn't make it a DE razor. The blade does not define the razor.
But my point was that Rocnel calls this razor a Barber Razor. The Group is called Shavettes AND Barber Razors. To me (not a native English speaker/reader) this means a Barber Razor is NOT the same as a shavette. Hence my question.

Last edited:
Top Bottom