What's new

Shavette And Barber Razor Enthusiast (SABRE) group

Hello SABRE'S, I'm coming aboard after awhile with my Wilkersons I'm getting into shavette's and barber razors. I've acquired two Weck's and I'm looking for a KEE 80. Does anyone know who sources this particular Shavette?

Okay it it been a great week with my Sextoblade with a NOS WECK blade that came along with my purchase of the Sextoblade. The first few shaves took some getting use to shaving with the straight razor style razor but I persevered and by the end of the week I was really enjoying my results. Superb shaves I must say. I'm loading my WECK medical with a Personna stainless steel for next week to see how it goes.

SMOOTH SHAVING SABRE'S
$image.jpg
The CRSW OLIVIA performed outstanding for me is week
next week I'm going with TABAC

Thanks to [MENTION=86824]gvw755[/MENTION] for inspiring me to break out this vintage Feather folder:
proxy.php

And thanks to [MENTION=69514]fasa[/MENTION] for tracking down these treasures [emoji3]

I guess this design is what the Sam Seong is based on.
But this is a big heavy head with a square point - quite something to shave with and quite excellent!

Greetings members of sabre I have decided to share an acquisition of mine though it's not recent seeing I have owned this for about a month I though I would share this with you. $image.jpg It might not be much but it's humble beginnings for sure and gets me started that's for sure

Greetings members of sabre I have decided to share an acquisition of mine though it's not recent seeing I have owned this for about a month I though I would share this with you. View attachment 690524 It might not be much but it's humble beginnings for sure and gets me started that's for sure

Hi! For sure it will still give you a beautiful shave if your technique is good [emoji3]

Hello Gang, I finished my week of using the WECK Med with a Personna blade. I prefer the Sextoblade more because of the length and also I liked the WECK blade more but that may change in the future.
$image.jpg
Okay in the shaving box this week is the Durham Duplex(thanks to Marcus, I read his thread from 2014 on this particular razor) I had a very nice and comfortable shave with it this morning. I used a NOS DD blade which I stropped on a paddle strop. The blade was really sharp(just ask my finger it will give you the details seeing as I cut my finger accidentally)but it performed its task very well. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's shave and the rest of the week to see if the razor lives up to the hype of the old ads that I read:001_rolle

The razor on the left is a LFC Universal Straight Safety razor with changeable blades which are also pictured. I will have the blades honed and it is on deck for next week.

SMOOTH SHAVING SABRE'S

Yesterday's DE shave was so remarkably good and close that I woke up this morning with very little growth.
So I decided that it was a fitting day for a change-up: time to revisit the KAI disposable shavette.
The results were quite good, although I did give myself one small nick on the upper lip and was a but pink on the neck for a little while.
I retired the shavette after this use (the fourth or fifth). I still have a few in the box of five that I bought in Japan around New Year's.

Hello gents!

As a 21 year old student I am on an extremely limited budget so I would be lying if I said my collection was a sight to behold, but my first non-cartridge razor was the Dovo shavette. Thanks to my dovo I immediately fell in love with wet shaving. I branched out to a DE and just purchased my first straight which I haven't even gotten a chance to use yet. Whenever I go to shave my neck or shape my beard, my Dovo with astra blades is always my first choice. I'm not sure if there is a formal request process kind of thing to join SABRE, but I would love to honor my first non-Gillette fusion razor by becoming a member.

Top Bottom