What's new

Shavette And Barber Razor Enthusiast (SABRE) group

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Thank heavens!

Might want to grow stubble for a few days just in case

Let life go on.
I already have a light shave combo ready in my everyday bag.
IMG_20220920_140808.jpg

ERS4

What kind of shavette is the one in your photo?

Post earthquake feeling is so annoying to your senses. It makes you feel like you are in a different reality.

It's a Chinese mini clipe type shavette.
It may not be suitable for big fingers, but it can be used as a kamisori by expanding the scale, and many buyers are professional barbers.

Originally had a wood scale.
cbaa3046ec332ead81d97c59bd5f5828.jpg

I modified it myself to "leather micarta" scale.
cbaa3046ec332ead81d97c59bd5f5828.jpg

Hopefully by next week my senses will be back to normal from this fantastical feeling.

It's a Chinese mini clipe type shavette.
It may not be suitable for big fingers, but it can be used as a kamisori by expanding the scale, and many buyers are professional barbers.

Originally had a wood scale.
View attachment 1525275

I modified it myself to "leather micarta" scale.
View attachment 1525276

Hopefully by next week my senses will be back to normal from this fantastical feeling.
Is it available in Aliexpress? Or do you know where can I buy it online. Seems so interesting!

I have been in your earthquake shoes. It will pass with time. Hang on strong!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I was thinking those scales looked like one of your leather DEs, @ERS4 !

The holder looks like it accepts full-sized DE blades.

ERS4

Is it available in Aliexpress? Or do you know where can I buy it online. Seems so interesting!

I have been in your earthquake shoes. It will pass with time. Hang on strong!
My country is only separated from China by a strait, so I never used AliExpress, but purchased from a Chinese online platform.

But I just found it for you from AliExpress.
This seller offers options for both straight and shavette versions. ↓
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32587780410.html?gatewayAdapt=Pc2Msite

I was thinking those scales looked like one of your leather DEs, @ERS4 !

The holder looks like it accepts full-sized DE blades.
Yes, this scale uses the same material as my "leather DE". It is my honor to be remembered by you for my rough handicraft.

This mini shavette head is a normal half DE size, just the short tang to let the head looks bigger.
IMG_20220920_232240.jpg

Hello everybody! I am happy and excited too announce that I can now say i am part of the club. I got my new to me Feather DX Kami in the mail today via the BST a couple of days ago. I don't know why I waited this long but I am damn glad I got my hands on this bad mambajamba. This is my first Shavette, so naturally many advised to take it slow... I did not. In fact I ended up shaving the entire face aside from the goatee and mustache in a matter of minutes. No nicks or cuts just a smooth and clean 1 pass shave. I am in disbelief at the beauty and efficiency the DX. It was surreal how natural it felt. I didn't even put a second thought into it after hopping out the shower, I just popped the blade in and shaved. Started out by making short strokes with my skin pulled taught but decided to try a long and a little faster of a stroke, this was money. I managed too clear the face of any stubble in only a few remaining passes. This was a sexy and magical shave. Dead-nuts my best shave to date and this was only shave #1. 💪😎👍20220921_221430.jpg

First shave with
Wilkinson Sword Pioneer Shavette
Wilkinson Sword blade snaped in half
Simpson T3
Razorock Plague Doctor
AS Old Spice Captain
IMG_20220927_072733.jpg

I went for 1 pass WTG
Hand switching was not hard
As I went slow, lather started to dry out, I'll need to readjust that
Ultra small weeper with dominant hand (right corner of chin, so I know what hand did it) on chin, I noticed it after breakfast, and felt nothing
All in all DFS
8,5/10
Edit:
Since this is my first shavette, I can't compare it with any other. It's a bit light, scales are big, plastic, looks like wood, smooth with angeled corners, they feel nice and are not slippery, blade loading was easy, pivot point as nice and thight, not too tight, you can adjust it with a screwdriver.
All in all I'm happy with it
4/5 just because I have zero exp, and can't compare it with any other, but I like it a lot

Last edited:
I really enjoy these Turkish shavette Sedef/Ali B... as I find them so easy to use. Actually I got a cut on my right side using one of them today... 😅 😅 I had finished my shave and I was removing some left hair on the face and bum.. A cut. Nevertheless I still like these shavettes and have already 3. Just wish I could put better scales in them.

Oh…

Please heal quickly. The world is counting on all open blade shavers to make loud, unsolicited declarations of how much gentler and safer it is to use straight razors and barber razors compared safety razors and cartridges.
As a response to my accidental cut in the face, I used a proguard blade in the Sedef Turkish shavette. I used a wire to position the balde in the correct exposure. I had a nice shave. I like the clone better for the ac blade though. But it works!

IMG_20220928_094320_(3000_x_2250_pixel).jpg

I have erred for some weeks on the other side of protected blade razors.
It is so good to be back on open (blade).

Todays shave with Cloude cabinet blade in generic stainless "teardrop" shavette. Cloud is really good blade! Some animal brush. A new to me Arko stick. What a good lather comes from it !
Two pass face and head shave. BBS.
This has been a very sharp blade for me!

Top Bottom