What's new

Shavette And Barber Razor Enthusiast (SABRE) group

Is that a DX clone?

I just placed an order on a SS clone.

proxy.php

I'm planning on getting a genuine DX but don't have the fundings atm. I recently bought a IBC but it doesn't sit right with me, mayby just need more time with it.

I'm also planning to get a Focus Slim al at some point.

My Univinlions Captain clone arrived, the head is virtually identical to the Shears Direct clone. The handle length is a lot shorter, the Shears Direct clone is a straight copy, this isn't. I might give it ago, but for £8.00 including non branded blades I was just curious. I have the SS clone en route too.

Another item I'd like to add to the SABRE database is a Turkish product called the Zazor. It's general shape is strikingly similar to the Razorine, but it was on the market about 1-2 years earlier (only in Turkey), so it is clearly not a knockoff or copy. It also has a different mechanism for holding the DE blades. Everything pictured below cost me a grand total of $45.20 USD, including DHL shipping from Turkey to Chicago, IL USA.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I’m eagerly awaiting the arrival of this razor. Reached this country 4 days ago so hopefully not much longer!

Also, I just wanted to say, I’d be surprised if there’s a thread like this with so much info anywhere else online, so thank you to everyone who’s participated so far!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m eagerly awaiting the arrival of this razor. Reached this country 4 days ago so hopefully not much longer!

Also, I just wanted to say, I’d be surprised if there’s a thread like this with so much info anywhere else online, so thank you to everyone who’s participated so far!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Bluebriz

Glad to hear that! It's a remarkably good price. Heck, I got 5 of them plus a bunch of other wet shave stuff for the price of one Razorine! Please post once you get yours. I'd love to know what you think of it.

And I completely share your sentiments about this thread!!

Rob

@Bluebriz

Glad to hear that! It's a remarkably good price. Heck, I got 5 of them plus a bunch of other wet shave stuff for the price of one Razorine! Please post once you get yours. I'd love to know what you think of it.

And I completely share your sentiments about this thread!!

Rob

Yeah, the price seemed very good. I ordered two just for the heck of it. For some reason, when I used to order from another Turkey based website, customs in Japan would open and inspect every package, although never from other countries. I'm guessing the same thing has happened with this order, too.

Yeah, the price seemed very good. I ordered two just for the heck of it. For some reason, when I used to order from another Turkey based website, customs in Japan would open and inspect every package, although never from other countries. I'm guessing the same thing has happened with this order, too.
I hear you. Not sure where you are located. I am in suburbs of Chicago IL. They sent me DHL tracking, which gave details about it being held and/or clearing customs.

The original DHL delivery estimate said I would have it in like 3 or 4 days, but I knew it was a pipe dream. I ended up getting it in about 5 or 6 days, which was fine by me!

The only strange thing happened when I was trying to place the order. Once I selected my country and state, it required me to select my city from a list and would not let me type it in. The problem is that my city was not listed. So I selected the nearest city and typed in my zip code.

The issue was remedied by a quick email, which was answered by Noyan, who is 100% fluent in English.

Overall I am quite please with this vendor, and I will very likely buy from them again.

Rob

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I hear you. Not sure where you are located. I am in suburbs of Chicago IL. They sent me DHL tracking, which gave details about it being held and/or clearing customs.

The original DHL delivery estimate said I would have it in like 3 or 4 days, but I knew it was a pipe dream. I ended up getting it in about 5 or 6 days, which was fine by me!

The only strange thing happened when I was trying to place the order. Once I selected my country and state, it required me to select my city from a list and would not let me type it in. The problem is that my city was not listed. So I selected the nearest city and typed in my zip code.

The issue was remedied by a quick email, which was answered by Noyan, who is 100% fluent in English.

Overall I am quite please with this vendor, and I will very likely buy from them again.

Rob

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I'm in Japan. I placed my order on June the 2nd, but it was delayed due to public holidays in Turkey that week, so it wasn't shipped until the 10th. I'm not entirely sure where the item is now, because the tracking stopped after the last update on the 11th, and Japan post tracking just says something like "Inbound Item." I'm sure it'll get here eventually, though!

Just cheking in with the SABRE group. I use both straights and shavettes. I have two shavettes that take DE blades: a Parker SRX and a Manion that takes entire DE blades. I like both. Now I use the srx mostly for my mustache. It just does it better than my straight and it is the most taxing for the blade so I like to spare my straight and use the shavette for that. In the beginning I was afraid of shavettes because they always say how unforgiving they are compared to a straight. When I got the SRX I didn't think so at all and I could get way better shaves than with my straight at the time. Now that I got better at honing I usually prefer the straight, but I will keep shooting for the sharpness of a shavette and it is comforting to know that it will always be there if I need a quick shave.

Just cheking in with the SABRE group. I use both straights and shavettes. I have two shavettes that take DE blades: a Parker SRX and a Manion that takes entire DE blades. I like both. Now I use the srx mostly for my mustache. It just does it better than my straight and it is the most taxing for the blade so I like to spare my straight and use the shavette for that. In the beginning I was afraid of shavettes because they always say how unforgiving they are compared to a straight. When I got the SRX I didn't think so at all and I could get way better shaves than with my straight at the time. Now that I got better at honing I usually prefer the straight, but I will keep shooting for the sharpness of a shavette and it is comforting to know that it will always be there if I need a quick shave.

Hey, I've never heard of the Manion. Can you show us a picture of that one, please?

Seems that my Zazor is still in Turkey. Ordered this on June the 2nd and it was delayed due to national holidays there. Shipped on the 10th and due to a backlog and work at Istanbul airport it's still there.

I only have two shavettes: new (2018) Parker models with wooden scales - SRDW and SRRW. I don’t have a huge collection of shaving hardware; two DE razors, two shavettes, one straight razor and 4 badger brushes. But I really enjoy shaving with these “barber razors” and Shark half blades. 300 blades cost under $9 and they feel very smooth on my face. I only nicked myself once under the nose with this setup and never again. I love DE and straight razor shavng, but this shavette below is probably my favorite way to shave. The other one with rosewood scales is for traveling only.

Let me just conclude with this: I am so happy to find this “club” guys. Looking forward to future discussions. Have to now jump back to page 6 and read all this. ;)
proxy.php

Top Bottom