What's new

Shavette And Barber Razor Enthusiast (SABRE) group

What a find mjclarck!

This time, if you find it of good quality, I will get one. Finally a clone of Feather SS. Let us know pls!

Edit. They only offer DHL for my country. 60USD fee. :mad:
I swear that was Free Shipping yesterday, but now it only shows DHL shipping for me too.

Nov 7: New Shavette - King Metal X-Razor

Finally got my X-Razor (which I call The Raptor) from Italy. Italy is still the shavette capital of the world, and couple that with great Industrial Design and you end up with this work of art. It may look overly elaborate, but the designer(s) definitely understood Human Factors because every organic curve fits my hand perfectly. 100% stainless steel so it will outlive me, but my prediction is the black coating won't last. My only complaint is that I prefer scales with a profile rather than flat slab sides.

How was the shave? Perfect, and considering all that exposure and associated blade flex, I'm actually surprised I got a great shave on the first try. This is a potentially dangerous razor; @mjclark, the person who recommended the razor to me gave me the following advice: "Good technique is obligatory" ;-)
proxy.php

Nov 7: New Shavette - King Metal X-Razor

Finally got my X-Razor (which I call The Raptor) from Italy. Italy is still the shavette capital of the world, and couple that with great Industrial Design and you end up with this work of art. It may look overly elaborate, but the designer(s) definitely understood Human Factors because every organic curve fits my hand perfectly. 100% stainless steel so it will outlive me, but my prediction is the black coating won't last. My only complaint is that I prefer scales with a profile rather than flat slab sides.

How was the shave? Perfect, and considering all that exposure and associated blade flex, I'm actually surprised I got a great shave on the first try. This is a potentially dangerous razor; @mjclark, the person who recommended the razor to me gave me the following advice: "Good technique is obligatory" ;-)
proxy.php
Pleased to hear your loving the X-Razor Rudy!
It’s such a great shavette in the right hands.

Pleased to hear your loving the X-Razor Rudy!
It’s such a great shavette in the right hands.
X-Razor - Second Shave Report

Second shave today with the X-Razor and I discovered a little detail that bugs me. If you look at the 'V' at the bottom of the tang, it's lower than a regular straight or shavette so that my fingers rub off the lather on my goatee when edging. I wind up having to hold the tang with my fingers on the flat part rather than the top and bottom edge, which I prefer. No big deal, but it forces me to change my grip to adapt.

Otherwise, the shave went just as well as yesterday, although the alcohol in my homemade post did sting a bit more.

Full head shave tonight using the Kai Captain with a Pro Super in it.
This is my first head shave with an open razor and it was a very pleasing result.
Kai Captain + Pro Super is one of the great shaving combinations:

161A395F-0DE8-43BD-860A-28D4191DADEA.jpeg

X-Razor - Third Shave Report

I adjusted my grip to compensate for the low hanging 'V' on the bottom of the tang and it doesn't bother me as much as it did last shave.

One thing about this razor that I didn't notice until my third shave is how long the 'reach' is. It's probably no longer than my Universal, but it feels longer (which I like).

I would never have even known this razor existed if it were not for this thread. I don't have time to read B&B every day and visit every forum, so I just watch a few threads. This is one of the few and best.

Birthday shave for me today with one of the jewels in the crown:

Schick Proline Kami - Feather Pro Super (5)
BB5D3B41-6BB8-4B40-BDAC-F2CB4810EAF3.jpeg

You really notice the extra exposure of the Pro Super blade in this rare and exotic razor. Wow!

You really notice the extra exposure of the Pro Super blade in this rare and exotic razor. Wow!
Happy B'Day. I have yet to try a Pro Super blade, but I think the extra exposure will be very welcome in my Feather SS. The current very slight exposure limits my angle - I want to go shallower but can't with the non-Super Pros

Wow what a beauty!

Happy birthday @mjclark!

Happy B'Day. I have yet to try a Pro Super blade, but I think the extra exposure will be very welcome in my Feather SS. The current very slight exposure limits my angle - I want to go shallower but can't with the non-Super Pros
Thank you guys!

And yes the extra exposure of the Pro Super is what makes the Kai Captain perform so well.
So it should work magic with the Feather SS too.
I wonder how it will affect the performance of the pressure bump on the SS jaws?

Thanks to the kindness of @albsat I got to try an Isana Blade this evening.
What a sharp and powerful blade the Isana is so thanks man!

And I used it in the Focus Slim for a full head shave.
The Focus Slim is such a delight to use!
581826AD-B67F-47E9-9738-20800359BBBD.jpeg

Any idea if this is worth picking up?
I didn't want to put it on the forum and create too much of a stir if I want a crack at it;)
Tuckman Rolf.jpg

SOTD 2018-11-16
Hot shower
Jaguar R1 with Derby blade
Simpson Special pure badger
Ogallala Bay Rum & Sweet Orange soap
Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum aftershave
proxy.php

Wysłane z mojego SM-A510F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Top Bottom