What's new

Shavette And Barber Razor Enthusiast (SABRE) group

Nooooo! I didn’t need to find this forum! I’ve been using my first Weck for a couple of weeks now and can’t put it down. So many others in this thread that I didn’t know existed, but have caught my eye.

Nooooo! I didn’t need to find this forum! I’ve been using my first Weck for a couple of weeks now and can’t put it down. So many others in this thread that I didn’t know existed, but have caught my eye.
Welcome! Shavettes are a brave new world of shaving and it’s good to have you onboard.
Do post some pics of your Weck if you get a chance.

Welcome! Shavettes are a brave new world of shaving and it’s good to have you onboard.
Do post some pics of your Weck if you get a chance.

Thank you! Here is a recent pic.
proxy.php

After a while later, I realized that I could use an injector blade in my Parker Shavettes. Then, I tried the same injector blade in some other razors and something different showed up in the Shearsdirect Kamisori. There is actually a slot for injector blades. It keeps the blade in place and blade exposure drops down a bit, giving a safer shave.

http://i.hizliresim.com/lZ6njJ.jpg

proxy.php
Last night I dreamed that I was shaving with an Injector Blade in the ShearsDirect kami so obviously your discovery really has been an inspiration!

This morning I honoured the dream and tried it in waking life.
This is a very relaxed pleasant and easy shave indeed and definitely a lot more laid back than using the full length Artist Club blades:

ShearsDirect kami - Personna PTFE Injector (4)
A616FE0E-C2AD-46C2-8452-D0A2222AD176.jpeg

Last night I dreamed that I was shaving with an Injector Blade in the ShearsDirect kami so obviously your discovery really has been an inspiration!

This morning I honoured the dream and tried it in waking life.
This is a very relaxed pleasant and easy shave indeed and definitely a lot more laid back than using the full length Artist Club blades:

ShearsDirect kami - Personna PTFE Injector (4)
View attachment 920341
Wow, that's great you liked it.

I see it is with a close friend. I live in Arkoland, Turkey actually :)

Wow, that's great you liked it.

I see it is with a close friend. I live in Arkoland, Turkey actually :)
Hurray for Arko!
This really was an excellent shave.

And I’m amazed how good the Personna PTFE Injector Blades are for me in shavettes when I find them so horrible in Injector razors.

For the past couple of days I’ve been really enjoying the Feather Cut Blades in a generic Chinese razor - this really is like a Chinese Sextoblade in every way:
CC33612C-F0EE-4D26-8FD0-627AB7E47862.jpeg

And also in a very stylish Japanese Okamiya shavette which has scales the same shape as the Hess 1010:
629F7910-9483-4BA2-AEA5-0BD73B35D12A.jpeg

Both the Feather Cut and Cloud Blades are very good indeed on their first few shaves but I’ve no idea about longevity yet.
As noted before they’re exactly like the Weck/Fromm/Personna hairshaper blades except the spine is slightly thinner and they have corrugations on the side of the blade who even knows why?
The razors designed to use the Feather Cut Blades look a lot like the Weck and Hess too and of course they’re very cheap and come in a lot of varieties.

This is very simple and very great shaving - elegant in fact!

Anyone hear about this product ? Or got one yet?
Just found it in Aliexpress. The blades looks interesting, what kind of blade is this?
Product link.
1- Here
2- Here
HTB1PyTwewn.PuJjSZFkq6A_lpXal.jpg
HTB1a9UUNFXXXXX4XpXXq6xXFXXXJ.jpg

Anyone hear about this product ? Or got one yet?
Just found it in Aliexpress. The blades looks interesting, what kind of blade is this?
I've never seen that razor or blades before, but for me, this is a must NOT buy. A 38mm blade is tiny, shorter even than a DE blade, and would make a very manoeuvrable but angry little razor. My preference is for long bladed shavettes (Weck, Feather, or #77), with DE blade shavettes right on the lower limit.

Given enough time this HAD to happen and now it actually has:
A Feather SS clone for $20
N06 Straight Edge Razor Folding Shaver Knife Barber Razor Wooden Handle Facial Hair Eyebrow Beard Shave Shaving Tool-in Razor from Beauty & Health on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Obviously I’ve ordered one.
It will make a worthy companion for the ShearsDirect kami!

What a find mjclarck!

This time, if you find it of good quality, I will get one. Finally a clone of Feather SS. Let us know pls!

Edit. They only offer DHL for my country. 60USD fee. :mad:

Hrico ( The seller for the Feather Ss clone) have nicely finished straight razors those are genuinely shave ready. However the Stromg Leopard type shavettes they were selling had very poor pot metal job and the spring was broken in arrival. I think these Feather clones look much better than those shavettes I received from them. Saw these, still would be great to hear how they compare to the real one before an order.

Hrico ( The seller for the Feather Ss clone) have nicely finished straight razors those are genuinely shave ready. However the Stromg Leopard type shavettes they were selling had very poor pot metal job and the spring was broken in arrival. I think these Feather clones look much better than those shavettes I received from them. Saw these, still would be great to hear how they compare to the real one before an order.
Yes I have one of their Kurenai straight razors and it’s excellent.
Let’s see how the SS clone is!

I've never seen that razor or blades before, but for me, this is a must NOT buy. A 38mm blade is tiny, shorter even than a DE blade, and would make a very manoeuvrable but angry little razor. My preference is for long bladed shavettes (Weck, Feather, or #77), with DE blade shavettes right on the lower limit.
Thank you.

Top Bottom