What's new

Shavette And Barber Razor Enthusiast (SABRE) group

I can't hear this! I haven't settled on blades with my DE's and the idea that they may be different for each shavette, as well??? I give up!! :07::surrender:

Until tomorrow's shave, of course.:badger:

Reactions: abj
This thread just made me order the Strong Leopard (lookalike) on Aliexpress.
Just getting rid of all my straight and hones because I just don't have the time right now.
Hopefully the shavette will let me continue this most fun way of shaving!

It had been ages since I picked up a shavette. I wanted to get back to trying one today.
I picked up my CJB WH100B...and darned if I didn't jhave my best results ever with this tool.
I experimented with angles and it worked.

Speick stick also provided a great cushion.

It had been ages since I picked up a shavette. I wanted to get back to trying one today.
I picked up my CJB WH100B...and darned if I didn't jhave my best results ever with this tool.
I experimented with angles and it worked.

Speick stick also provided a great cushion.
Nice! Thanks for reminding me how good those CJBs and Greagers can be.
Feathers are not the only fruit...

This thread just made me order the Strong Leopard (lookalike) on Aliexpress.
Which one did you order, the full-DE blade or the one that takes Antelope blades?

I ordered the Antelope blade Strong Razor lookalike from AliExpress, paid the $2 extra for ePacket for faster shipping, and it took them 3 weeks to fulfill (ship) my order. Not happy because something should ship in a few days, not weeks.

I'm still anxiously waiting for mine.

Which one did you order, the full-DE blade or the one that takes Antelope blades?

I ordered the Antelope blade Strong Razor lookalike from AliExpress, paid the $2 extra for ePacket for faster shipping, and it took them 3 weeks to fulfill (ship) my order. Not happy because something should ship in a few days, not weeks.

I'm still anxiously waiting for mine.

The antilope blade version.

Also very excited for it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn STF-L09 met Tapatalk

The antilope blade version.

Also very excited for it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn STF-L09 met Tapatalk

It's a nice razor. You've inspired me to get mine out again tonight. I also got the full DE blade version but I haven't got round to trying it again yet.

It's a nice razor. You've inspired me to get mine out again tonight. I also got the full DE blade version but I haven't got round to trying it again yet.

I hope its good, I've owned a Feather AC SS, which I now regret selling.
I'm not expecting it to be as good as the Feather though, how can it at the pricepoint?

I'm not a fan of DE shavettes.
The pressure you would normally use with a Feather AC or real straight razor is now focussed on a surface area (lenth of DE blade) that is half that of a Feather or straight razor.
I can shave fine with a straight and Feather AC, but a DE shavette is just not for me.
Maybe my big mistake is comparing a DE shavette to a Feather AC or straight razor in the first place.

Tried out the Antelope shavette this evening. It’s very light, but seems sturdy enough. The blades that came with it weren’t up to much, though. Tugging is not something I’m really used to, but this blade tugged horribly. Ended up tagging in the ever-reliable Kai Captain to finish off and remind me how good it is.

Need to check the blade brand I got with it and see if the other blades I got with the Chinese shavettes work better. It could have been a bad blade, but I’ve never experienced that in my 6 or 7 years of wet shaving!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Tried out the Antelope shavette this evening. It’s very light, but seems sturdy enough. The blades that came with it weren’t up to much, though. Tugging is not something I’m really used to, but this blade tugged horribly. Ended up tagging in the ever-reliable Kai Captain to finish off and remind me how good it is.

Need to check the blade brand I got with it and see if the other blades I got with the Chinese shavettes work better. It could have been a bad blade, but I’ve never experienced that in my 6 or 7 years of wet shaving!

Oh my, thats not a very good forecast. :O

Oh my, thats not a very good forecast. :O
The Jishi blades in the black and white packaging that came with my Strong Leopard are Feather+ sharp and really smooth as well, and other users have confirmed this.
I hear good reports of the Cloud blades too so perhaps the Antelope Brand is to be avoided.

With one of those good sharp smooth Jishis this is an amazing shaving system so don’t be discouraged!

Well the blades I got with the heavier razor from China have delivered some good shaves, FWIW.

Would you be able to post pictures of the China razor and the Antelope razor?

I'm not sure which is which at the moment. :p

Would you be able to post pictures of the China razor and the Antelope razor?

I'm not sure which is which at the moment. :p
These are the models I meant.
proxy.php
proxy.php

The Jishi blades in the black and white packaging that came with my Strong Leopard are Feather+ sharp and really smooth as well, and other users have confirmed this.
I hear good reports of the Cloud blades too so perhaps the Antelope Brand is to be avoided.

With one of those good sharp smooth Jishis this is an amazing shaving system so don’t be discouraged!
I used these today.
I also have these.... Second pic...
proxy.php
proxy.php

Great, that means I have ordered the shavette, you speak more positive of. :)
Thanks!

Just got word that my shavette has arrived in Holland.
Hopefully it will make it's way to my doorstep soon, will let you know how I like it.

I used these today.
I also have these.... Second pic...
proxy.php
proxy.php

Your second pic (black and white packaging) is the Jishi blades which I find to be excellent.

Very interested to hear your report using those blades instead.

Your second pic (black and white packaging) is the Jishi blades which I find to be excellent.

Very interested to hear your report using those blades instead.
I think I used one in the heavier shavette. I think it’s a good blade, yes.

Great, that means I have ordered the shavette, you speak more positive of. :)
Thanks!

Just got word that my shavette has arrived in Holland.
Hopefully it will make it's way to my doorstep soon, will let you know how I like it.
It’s a really solid and nice razor. I know that @mjclark likes it, too.

The Antelope was let down by the blade. Seems a decent enough razor. Might become my travel razor.

Top Bottom