What's new

shaverjoe brushes and service review

I recently purchased 2 brushes from shaverjoe in our B&B Hobbyist B/S/T section.
This one, called "Gunsmoke" in a Finest 2-band, was scored off of his general sale thread.

The second one I had him custom make for me in a Silver tip Grade A knot, called "Black Widow"

Both brushes are outstanding performers, look sharp, and were very reasonably priced. The one thing that stood out dealing with Joe was his concern for making the brush as expected, keeping me informed about the details of where he was in the process, and delivering the product on time. There were no surprises, which, as a customer, is a good thing. I was originally on the fence about re-knotting a vintage brush I had purchased on the bay; really cool handle, but the installed knot was way too scritchy for me. He offered to re-knot it with a more appropriate bowl lathering knot, and only charge me the cost for materials and shipping. THAT is dang-near unheard of! Now really, WHO does THAT?? :thumbup1: I decided right then to sell the vintage brush on the BST here (informing any buyer that this would be a real face-scrubber!), and have him make the Black Widow for me.

In short, my experience with Joe was outstanding, the products are great and reasonably priced, and he'll shoot ya straight (pun intended). I am in no way affiliated with shaverjoe; I just thought I'd share my experience here.

In the short time I've been on this forum, I can say that EVERYONE I've dealt with has been great, and I encourage anyone looking for gear to check with our hobbyists, vendors, and of course the members on BST.

Cheers! :a39:

Last edited:
Joe is a true gentleman and an outstanding craftsman. His brushes are top notch for sure. Congrats on your new acquisitions.

Joe just made me a brush, and shipped it today. I can't wait for it. But as stated by the OP, Joe was very good to work with. I received numerous photos and emails although the process. When I buy another brush, or need one restored, it will be with him. I've already recommended him to someone else.

Joe just made me a brush, and shipped it today. I can't wait for it. But as stated by the OP, Joe was very good to work with. I received numerous photos and emails although the process. When I buy another brush, or need one restored, it will be with him. I've already recommended him to someone else.
It's all good stuff, huh?

Just to chime in and second some opinions here....I'm working with him now on a possible custom brush and I've had lots of questions. He has been very patient, knowledgable, and communicative thus far. I'm looking forward to nailing down exactly what I want and giving him some of my money!

Show us what he made for ya!

BnB vendors and hobbyists are top shelf classy
Indeed!
Without their awesome stuff, I would STILL have a sizable wad o' cash in my Mad Money tin!
Seriously, I agree totally. PLUS I love cruising the member BST for deals...there's always something I want lurking there MUAHAHAHA! :shifty:

Well, I use a kindle, and am computer illiterate. I tried to save the pics he sent, but it didn't work. So when it gets here I will post pics. (I can take pics with a kindle).
Have Joe forward the glamor shots to me, and I'll post 'em for you.

Have Joe forward the glamor shots to me, and I'll post 'em for you.
I had a similar idea, took it up with the moderators, and because Joe is a hobbyist and a gentleman we all thought it would be better if I just waited until it arrived. It will only be a few days. But thanks for your offer.

Indeed!
Without their awesome stuff, I would STILL have a sizable wad o' cash in my Mad Money tin!
Seriously, I agree totally. PLUS I love cruising the member BST for deals...there's always something I want lurking there MUAHAHAHA! :shifty:
I get addicted to the BST, it makes me want to buy stuff i dont need....sometimes watches or other unexpected goodies come on and im sucked in.

Finally figured it out. The brush should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.
Thanks Joe.

$image-2.jpg

Attachments

• $image-1.jpg
    $image-1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 164
$IMG_20140121_120649.jpg$image-2_kindlephoto-160759472.jpg$IMG_20140121_120747.jpg

At last as promised. The ShaverJoe brush arrived today. It is beautiful, the color spot on. The knot is 24 mms of Finest Badger #2. The handle fits well in my hand. I'm going to try it. My SOTD is pictured as well, except that it my third try at the Veg. My soap is Proraso green, Merkur long handle with a new Astra blade. Alum, Old Spice Deodorant, classic scent and the Veg.

Thanks to Joe for making an excellent brush. I'd encourage anyone looking for a brush to look him up .

Last edited:
Top Bottom