What's new

"Shaver Boy" 3 piece Brass and Stainless DE

I just came across a made in Canada (Montreal) 3 piece DE razor (brass handle and black plated stainless steel head). The razor itself comes with 100 Shaver Boy stainless blades...all for $49 Canadian. www.shaverboy.com

Wondering if anyone else has tried this razor? I am thinking of buying one.

btw...I have no connection to this company.

The razor looks good, for sure! I did not try that.

However, I tried the blades which were lower tier for me. They might work better for you.

The head resembles DE89 type head so is probably pretty good. I thought it was just another copy, but then saw that the head was stainless steel. Brass handle . Nice materials in this one . Good price point too. I like.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I agree and am pretty sure the butterfly razor isn't all stainless. Not at that price. I wonder if the 3 piece head is stainless?
Again I ask, why would someone make a stainless steel head, only to cover it with black paint? Might as say the head was made of gold or titanium.

I asked them what grade of stainless the head was made from. The reply:
Hello Jim,

Our Black & Brass safety razor was improperly listed in its description.
It is a brass razor (319, grade 1) with a zinc alloy steel head.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

All the best,

Shaverboy Canada

Hello Jim,

All the best,

Shaverboy Canada

Well that's a bummer.

Well, at least they took the "stainless" out of the description of the razor. The TTO still has a stainless steel head though.

I've got one on order. I am anxious to give it a whirl. Disappointed it's a zinc alloy head, but then again I believe many if not most of the modern non-stainless razor heads are zinc alloy (Zamac). Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this point. Nice that the handle is brass. I still think the two tone brass/black looks cool. I like the name as well - Shaver Boy - and their graphics are kinda retro. Something new to try and the price point on the razor and blades are hard to beat.

Hello Jim,

All the best,

Shaverboy Canada

Thanks for sharing!! Too bad but this clarifies the issue.

I don't know where the razor is made but I think I read that the blades were made in China, so I would expect the razor would be too.

Today was my first shave with the new Shaverboy Brass and Stainless DE. I like this razor. It has nice heft (which I like) and while I generally prefer a long handle razor this shorter handle razor was fine. It felt good in my hand. Overall I would say this is a more aggressive razor than, say, a Merkur 23c or Fat Handle Tech. I would say this was like a Fatboy set on 5. I think this may be due in part to the blade being a bit stiffer than my usual GSB and that sometimes gives the illusion of a more aggressive razor. For the money, I would say this is a great little razor. And it looks cool as well. What more can I say.
20190704_091331.jpg

Top Bottom