What's new

Shavemac Trend silvertip opinions?

I really don’t suffer from brush AD - am pretty happy with my Simpson Chubby1 (best badger), my travel Simpson Major (best badger) and my Semogue boar for the occasional hard soap.

However, the Chubby gets used almost daily and is shredding a hair every so often, so I am considering a gorgeous Shavemac Trend in silvertip to supplement.

Any opinions on this brush - and preferably comparisons to the Simpson best badgers?

Thanks!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Shavemac silvertip is above the quality of a Simpson best hair. I compare the Best grade more to the Finest grade of Shavemac, the latter one is just more consistent.
You have four options for silvertip at Shavemac, their standard silvertip, then the two-band version and two of the super densely packed D01 version.
In my opinion, the two band silvertip is outstanding (i.e. beesknees)!! In my personal collection there are 6 or 7 of them, and it is the knot I use most for my custom brushes. I have gone through hundreds of the knots and never heard any complaints, so this is my recommendation for a gorgeous Shavemac brush!

Last edited:
Shavemac silvertip is above the quality of a Simpson best hair. I compare the Best grade motre to the Finest grade of Shavemac, the latter one is just more consistent.
You have four options for silvertip at Shavemac, their standard silvertip, then the two-band version and two of the super densely packed D01 version.
In my opinion, the two band silvertip is outstanding (i.e. beesknees)!! In my personal collection there are 6 or 7 of them, and it is the knot I use most for my custom brushes. I have gone through hundreds of the knots and never heard any complaints, so this is my recommendation for a gorgeous Shavemac brush!

Thanks Rudy. Your expert advice was all the push I needed 😃

This now inbound in 2-band silvertip:

8AFE5941-A686-4589-AB57-EDCD3CF24298.jpeg

Nice score Peter! Rudy has made me 6 or so Shavemac knot brushes and the 2 band silvertip is, as Rudy states, the "Beesknees". I hope all is well in Denmark!

Thanks Thomas - I love that word (had to look it up): “Beesknees”! - Yes, all good here, though darker than last time we spoke, as autumn is here. Still, a great time for a nice morning shave, listening to the wind howling outside! - Take care buddy!

Great score! However, personally I would have gone for a Chubby 1 in Super Badger, probably my favorite brush ever (and I have tried both Shavemac silvertips, Thater, etc etc etc)

Maybe in the near future?

Great score! However, personally I would have gone for a Chubby 1 in Super Badger, probably my favorite brush ever (and I have tried both Shavemac silvertips, Thater, etc etc etc)

Maybe in the near future?

Thanks Mac, good suggestion, I really like my Simpsons so am definitely not ruling them out in the future. Just wanted to try something different.

That’s a gorgeous handle, Peter. I have the same brush, just with the faux ivory handle. Love it.

Thanks Phil! - I look forward to trying it out. And yes, the dapper side of me wanted to splash on the pop-art handle, haha! I have refrained so far as these types of handles always make the brushes double in price. But now I couldn’t restrain myself :blush:

I have two Shavemac 2 band Silvertip knots - one in a Shavemac handle and one in a Rudy Vey handle. Best knots I have ever tried. Good choice.

Shavemac silvertip is above the quality of a Simpson best hair. I compare the Best grade more to the Finest grade of Shavemac, the latter one is just more consistent.

+1! Rudy made an outstanding Shavemac 2-band fan for me. Absolutely top-notch quality!!

Fantastic choice Sir!!!

I have the Chubby 2 best, and a Shavemac D01, out of the both Shavemac comes up trumps your going to love the face feel of that brush....

Great choice!

I have a Shavemac 2 band silvertip 2018 B&B limited edition made by Rudy that has become my favorite brush. For me, it exceeds my Simpson Chubby 1 super. As an aside, my Simpson Duke 3 best appears to have the same hair as the Chubby super, and is slightly preferred by me over the Chubby 1. And this is taking nothing away from the Simpson brushes.

Good luck with it.

Shavemac 2-band silvertip knots are top notch. I could not agree with Rudy/others more. I have a Shavemac 2 band silvertip in a Wolf Whiskers handle and it's just a wonderful brush. Congrats!

Top Bottom