What's new

Shavemac SMF...?

S

shavingrace

Ron's Shavemac SMF is one of the most striking brushes I've seen. The handle shape is uniquely attractive (cocobolo rosewood?). Does Shavemac still offer this style, or was it simply a limited edition for the lucky few? You could say that I'm desperately curious....

Regards,

Phil

P.S. What does SMF stand for?

It was a limited edition in cocobola. SMF = "ShaveMyFace.com", an inferior wetshaving forum :wink:

Sometimes you can find them for sale on the trading forums

Yes Phil, they are splendid brushes. Herr Blos did a sterling job of finishing them (at least mine was such that one could not ask for any better). The craftsmanship, fit and finish, and quality of the hair bundle were worthy of a brush twice or three times the price. The entire presentation was an example of "the whole exceeding the sum of its parts." The colors of the wood and hair are really exciting.

Yep, killer brush. I even picked up a straight razor to match!

If you are desperate for one of these fine brushes, you could always pick up a COPY of it!

Randy

RANDY ! I thought a genuine heartfelt link you posted.. I was ready to grab my wallet !

then I saw the price tag.......... :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :eek: :mad:

The wallet quickly got back into the bank...im not breaking that piggy but the brush is INCREDIBLE breath taking...

what did you guys pay for the SMF at that time ?

IVe seen brushes go for even higher ridicule prices one made of a special like svarovski handle..and it was sold by some guy from The Netherlands on ebay.

:laugh:

Phil,

Don't give up on it, keep scouring the forums, post a WTB: SMF I brush thread on the buy/sell forums (WTB=Want to Buy)...

The brush is truly awesome. It took me months of waiting and crossing my fingers. I finally got one that the person had used twice total. Still had the "wet dog" smell.

SSLStudio said:
RANDY ! I thought a genuine heartfelt link you posted.. I was ready to grab my wallet !

The wallet quickly got back into the bank...im not breaking that piggy but the brush is INCREDIBLE breath taking...

IVe seen brushes go for even higher ridicule prices one made of a special like svarovski handle..and it was sold by some guy from The Netherlands on ebay.

I think it was $112.00 plus shipping of $12.95...

SSLStudio said:

Better grab two!:laugh:

Randy

I wasn't around for the original SMF but picked up the SMF II brush the next year. Fantastic brush made of olive wood. I'll probably buy every SMF edition he puts out (B&B editions too :biggrin: ), so I'm hoping he only does this once a year to keep me from going broke.

Hello, everybody
I'm a new guy here. If I could ask a question, did anyone use Savile Row 3128 Brush, and if yes, what are your thoughts about it.

Currently I have Vulfix 2236, and I love it. But I would like to try another brush.

Regards, Anthony.

Riffdiver said:
Hello, everybody
I'm a new guy here. If I could ask a question, did anyone use Savile Row 3128 Brush, and if yes, what are your thoughts about it.

Currently I have Vulfix 2236, and I love it. But I would like to try another brush.

Regards, Anthony.
One discussion and another. Good reading!

S

shavingrace

This is so evil...I have to have that damned brush! You know, fellows, this particular handle shape would look terrific in traditional polished "ivory," as well. I'm a sucker for bottom-heavy shapes.

S

shavingrace

Justso said:
Phil,

Don't give up on it, keep scouring the forums, post a WTB: SMF I brush thread on the buy/sell forums (WTB=Want to Buy)...

The brush is truly awesome. It took me months of waiting and crossing my fingers. I finally got one that the person had used twice total. Still had the "wet dog" smell.

Great advice--thanks so much, J!

Top Bottom