What's new

SHAVEMAC ORDER COMING UP SOON

@Chan Eil Whiskers --When I was reviewing user experience and talking with owner of ShaveMac (name?), as others have noted above, the two band is a bit stiffer but has good feeling. I was looking at the ShaveMac criteria that had the three band rated as

Softness, Density, Stiffness:
8 -----------10------9

vs. the 2 Band D-01

7-----------10------10

Pretty close for both.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
@Chan Eil Whiskers --When I was reviewing user experience and talking with owner of ShaveMac (name?), as others have noted above, the two band is a bit stiffer but has good feeling. I was looking at the ShaveMac criteria that had the three band rated as

8 -----------10------9

vs. the 2 Band D-01

7-----------10------10

Pretty close for both.

1595549245487.png

1595549311830.png

Yes, I'm familiar with Shavemac 's published information which is vastly better than the information other brush makers don't publish.

Still, it's helpful and interesting and, I think, fun to hear from guys who own and use the knots. Their views are certainly not 100% the same. After all, some of it is subjective. Some, based on their comparison with brushes they've tried.

Yes, the numbers are pretty close for the two knots.

I'm interested in some of the other Shavemac knots, too, including the Finest and perhaps the pure. They're all pretty expensive in the knot sizes I prefer.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom