What's new

Shavemac! Nice....

I got my first new brush in several years. Went for a 23mm Shavemac, finest badger.

Love it. Very nice. Had been using a generic Nordstroms silvertip. I like the stiffness in the "finest." My silvertip was starting to shed and the bristles were always a bit "floppy." Is that typical of a silvertip?

Glad its worked out for you. That 23mm should be a good all around brush. I have a couple of silvertips, but I've found the best or finest badger to be a better brush, at least for me they have.

Shavemacs are top quality and affordable--an equivalent Plisson or Simpson might run $300-500! I have the 23 mm in silvertip I just got today.

Shavemacs are top quality and affordable--an equivalent Plisson or Simpson might run $300-500! I have the 23 mm in silvertip I just got today.
You took it a bit too far :lol:

edit; tbf, there are Plissons in that range that are arguably no better, functionally, than a Finest Shavemac, but you can get a genuine 2-band whitecap Simpson brush from bullgoose for around $100 - imo the best deal on high end brushes there is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom