What's new

Shavemac in the UK?

Does anybody know where I can get hold of Shavemac brushes in England?
Alternatively, is there anyone here who has used a Kent brush? Do you have anything to say about it's quality and it's performance?
Thanks, AJS

AJS said:
1. Does anybody know where I can get hold of Shavemac brushes in England?
2. Alternatively, is there anyone here who has used a Kent brush?
3. Do you have anything to say about it's quality and it's performance?
Thanks, AJS
RE: 1. No.
RE: 2. Yes.
RE: 3. Yes. Very high quality. Splendid performance. Purchased a BK-12 directly from GB Kent (along with combs, hair brushes, and shaving soaps). Reasonably responsive customer service. I really enjoy this monstrously large brush. Despite the urban lore of "Big brushes don't do soaps" it is obvious the BK-12 never heard this and is great with both soaps and creams. Was a bit pricey when I purchased it.

AJS said:
Does anybody know where I can get hold of Shavemac brushes in England?
Alternatively, is there anyone here who has used a Kent brush? Do you have anything to say about it's quality and it's performance?
Thanks, AJS

I'll echo Ron's sentiments on the Bk-12. It's a beautiful monstrosity of a brush, but very luxurious when used. It's well-made and performs great. My next purchase from Kent would be a smaller brush however - personal preference.

S

shavingrace

I own a BK12, a BK8, and a BK4; I travel with the latter (which rhymes with lather). Kent makes wonderful brushes, and they are beautiful to look at--very round and full. Kent makes softer brushes than most, so if you like a stiffer bristle, this isn't your brand. But for comfort and luxury, Kent is first-rate. And the BK12 is truly impressive to behold: the thing is an absolute monster! In the Kent range, I would say that the BK8 is most useful all-round. The quality of Kent's bristle is outstanding, as well, but again, these are soft, pliable brushes. Your own taste will dictate whether the softer style is right for your face. Good luck, AJS!

Phil

Thanks for the positive reviews nice to see such a active forum .I hope you don’t mind me introducing myself my name is Steve Davis I am the company secretary for Kent Brushes .If its any help I’ve just posted some T12 equivalent shaving brushes on eBay at £30 each +p&p the main difference are that the socket is a slightly different shape and we don't supply them in the traditional red shaving cylinder.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Kentbrushes

Steve Davis
Kentbrushes
www.kentbrushes.com

S

shavingrace

Kentbrushes said:
Thanks for the positive reviews nice to see such a active forum .I hope you don’t mind me introducing myself my name is Steve Davis I am the company secretary for Kent Brushes .If its any help I’ve just posted some T12 equivalent shaving brushes on eBay at £30 each +p&p the main difference are that the socket is a slightly different shape and we don't supply them in the traditional red shaving cylinder.

Steve Davis
Kentbrushes
www.kentbrushes.com

Wonderful to have you here, Mr. Davis! Is the T12 a silvertip brush? (It is hard to tell from the photograph, though the brush itself is most attractive.) And a design question: my BK12, which is a sumptuous shaving brush, recently did something odd. I noticed while fiddling with the bristles that the metal cup that contains them was freely rotating within the faux ivory handle; but once I had shaved with the brush, all was happily solid again. Is this normal? The brush is performing beautifully as ever, mind, but I want to be sure that all is right with the thing. This is my finest shaving brush, and both the BK8 and BK4 have been used far more often.... I look forward to your response, Mr. Davis.

Regards,

Phil

Kentbrushes said:

Steve Davis
Kentbrushes
www.kentbrushes.com
Greetings Steve,
Always a pleasure to have one of the purveyors of quality wet shaving products visit B&B. Along with forums addressing specific areas of our hobby, we have a Shopping forum where you are welcome to post any informational and/or promotional items re: Kent's quality products too.

Kentbrushes said:
Thanks for the welcome the T12 is pure grey badger if you want silver tip badger the BK range as you have said are the ones to go for here :- http://www.kentbrushes.com/acatalog/White_Barrel_Series_Silver_Tip_Badger.html
Here’s some more incentive if you enter GBK1777 in the coupon code 2nd page of the checkout you will receive a 20% discount for this month and maybe beyond for any product but the limited edition brushes.
Steve Davis
Kentbrushes

Thanks very much Steve. I'll echo the sentiments of others above in welcoming you to our board.

Could you elaborate on the knot sizes associated with the Kent brushes. This would be useful information to post alongside the brushes on your website.

Hello again Steve,
Would you please be so kind as to clarify the handling of VAT on the Kent web site? Is it already included in the prices? Do you provide relief from the VAT for us former colonials?

Welcome, Steve. It is indeed exciting to have a representative from such a reputable company joining our ranks.

Steve,

Glad to have you hear, and we hope you will be active in the Shopping forum.

Gents, I sent Steve a PM and was pleased to see a quick, thorough and courteous response. I'm still debating over one of the Kent brushes, and Steve's information on lacked one thing...how I'm gonna pay for another brush!

Welcome aboard!

Randy

Thanks for the welcome and I have tried to answer some of the questions below
1/ knot sizes are extremely important and I will certainly get these on the web site along with other dimensions in inches hopefully next week .The pictures could do with improving as well i.e. showing the correct scale of each brush in relation to each other.
2/ We do do take vat on export orders but our web site is currently being re-designed and split so the .co.uk will be sterling and the .com in dollars this should simplify things for everyone.
3/ Also forgot to mention have a look at the soaps and bowls on ebay http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Kentbrushes just to clarify some points I have been asked by others .The bowls are from a delete line and not seconds .The soaps are from our current lines http://www.kentbrushes.com/acatalog/SB2.html
Steve Davis
Kent brushes

Top Bottom