What's new

Shavemac Brush Identification Help

I've had this Shavemac brush for about 20 years, and I'm curious if anybody might be able to tell me what kind it is. I don't have any idea what the model number is, or what kind of knot it is, or whether it's silvertip etc. I know next to nothing about brushes. It doesn't have any identifying marks or serial numbers. The only text on it is "Shavemac" and "Finest Pure Badger".

It's such a lovely brush, I'd really like to know more about it. I know that's not much to go on, but I'm hoping there's a Shavemac savant out there who might know something. :)

Here is a picture:

proxy.php

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
It is probably a Finest brush. Remember, often the highest grade of badger in European brushes also have the designation "Pure" or "Rein" in German, meaning nothing else that the hair is badger hair only - no other hair mixed in.
Shavemac finest is a superb mix of their super soft silvertip with the highest grade Pure (three band!) to give backbone. It is a very good hair mix, extremely consistent over the years. I use it for over 10 years and it is consistent, like all other hair grades from Shavemac.
The handle style is an old one, and I believe they do not offer them anymore, at least I haven't seen them since about 2013/14 or so.

It is probably a Finest brush. Remember, often the highest grade of badger in European brushes also have the designation "Pure" or "Rein" in German, meaning nothing else that the hair is badger hair only - no other hair mixed in.
Shavemac finest is a superb mix of their super soft silvertip with the highest grade Pure (three band!) to give backbone. It is a very good hair mix, extremely consistent over the years. I use it for over 10 years and it is consistent, like all other hair grades from Shavemac.
The handle style is an old one, and I believe they do not offer them anymore, at least I haven't seen them since about 2013/14 or so.

This is really great info. Thanks!

Top Bottom