What's new

Shavemac brush configurations questions

@Shave Souffle bummer to hear your bottom engraving didn't get included. Just wondering here. Did you just ask for the bottom engraving as additional instructions but didn't select the option of additional engraving on the configurator which I think it actually would be.

The configurator does not allow a logo to be on the side AND on the bottom at the same time, which leads me to believe one logo is free and additional engraving must be purchased. Using the configurator you could have specified additional engraving and stipulated the additional logo on the bottom. Of course you would have to pay for any added engraving beyond the one free logo.

Like I said I'm just wondering aloud. Mis-takes happen.

I agree with what old_school said about not having a logo on the side and on the bottom simultaneously. As such, it probably defaulted to the side, and any other indication may not have made it to the production side. A nice looking brush, all the same, although not exactly what you had in mind.

The configurator only allows you to select one or the other. I emailed Bernd and it was clear I wanted both and he was going to do it.

Here’s my email response from him:

FC7D92A8-B68C-4E42-9DED-5D76373B755E.jpeg

Even the attached invoice Bernd is referring to in this email is the invoice I took the screen grab from in post #56 that shows both Bernd and I were on the same page and we both knew I wanted logos on both the side and the bottom. There should be no confusion on that as it’s written in the email response as well as the invoice.

Last edited:
The bonus you and Bernd worked out didn't happen. That's too bad really. It's not like you didn't get what you paid for though you just didn't get the little extra, even though you bought 2 brushes too! I get it. My take; Everything is so messed up right now I'm just grateful Bernd walked out of the hospital instead of the alternative and you got some legendary brushes anyway. Take Care.

Last edited:
It's not like you didn't get what you paid for though you just didn't get the little extra, even though you bought 2 brushes too!
He obviously didn't get what he paid for according to his invoice and the agreement with the vendor!!

@Shave Souffle
Its clear that the vendor didn't do his job here and that's on him totally!! Did you notify him of the problem? Has he responded?

He obviously didn't get what he paid for according to his invoice and the agreement with the vendor!!

@Shave Souffle
Its clear that the vendor didn't do his job here and that's on him totally!! Did you notify him of the problem? Has he responded?
Yes, I notified Bernd, and as sympathetic as I am about him being hospitalized, I shouldn’t have to accept an order I’d consider incomplete. I went to the hospital for Covid, and have not in the past (or in the future) expected any special treatment from anyone. lol.

Still waiting to hear back from him and from the get go, email communication took several days between emails so it is what it is.

@old_school you’d make an excellent politician, I’ll leave it at that lol

Last edited:
One other huge detail that was missed is the loft was not what I requested. In the original invoice he has it listed as 46mm loft for the 24mm knot and 48mm loft for the 26mm knot. I just measured it as eyeballing it I could see it was a taller loft than the blue Shavemac 2 band Badger I already had. After measuring it the 24mm knot is 50mm and the 26mm knot is 52mm. These are just the default sizes and I requested the -4mm loft in the configurator for both (Truth be told I was hoping for more like -10mm but he wouldn’t do that for whatever reason). When I checked the invoice included with the brushes it has the inaccurate loft than what I requested, at 50 and 52mm, when I’m expecting 46 and 48mm. I don’t think even @old_school will try to make an excuse for this one lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom