What's new

Shavemac Appreciation Thread

I'd be in on this in a New York minute if we could make the handle jade instead of lime. I'm not very adventurous.
The recently acquired Semogue Torga's have just hammered BAD. Only two brushes have any pondering power at this point. As you know a bespoke G2 from Simpson in Super or SiLVERTiP if they would even consider one.

Last a Beehive from shavemac in 2-band. The profile of shavemac's beehive handle seems ideal in that genre and @Multum in parvo reinforces that perception with his new acquisition. What a beauty. But unfortunately I can't locate Imitation Horn or Tortoise on the new configurator. And the shortest a 22mm bulb can be is 48mm (-4mm loft). That's probably stout enough but I don't know.

The recently acquired Semogue Torga's have just hammered BAD. Only two brushes have any pondering power at this point. As you know a bespoke G2 from Simpson in Super or SiLVERTiP if they would even consider one.

Last a Beehive from shavemac in 2-band. The profile of shavemac's beehive handle seems ideal in that genre and @Multum in parvo reinforces that perception with his new acquisition. What a beauty. But unfortunately I can't locate Imitation Horn or Tortoise on the new configurator. And the shortest a 22mm bulb can be is 48mm (-4mm loft). That's probably stout enough but I don't know.
Never liked the horn very much but it’s a pity about the tortoise. Black/brown was the next best thing from the standard resins and it looks really nice irl. Maybe Bernd has some leftover stock that didn’t made it into the configurator....

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks

Depends on the hair grade, a D01 2-band 22 mm bulb comes normal in 48, but can be made shorter -4 mm.
Two-band silvertip would be 50 mm, but can also be shortened 4 mm.
The three band silvertip are generally longer haired, I think 52 for the standard and 54 for the D01.

I don't want to hijack, so feel free to reply via PM. Torgas in 2-band finest? Boar? Mistura?
EDIT: Never mind, I did a quick forum search. All of the above, it appears. Well-played and inspirational (aspirational?).

Last edited:
Here's my custom Rover, which Bernd 'Mr. Shavemac' Blos made for me.

Simpson made a black Rover with Manchurian hair in 2013 and that black Rover always totally rocked me. But I have other Manchurian badgers from Simpson, so I went for Shavemac's Silvertip 2-Band for my custom Rover. The knot is a 24/48 fan. Tis Rover will join my Simpson brushes, which I had shown here: #186

Love that brush, the knot has a solid, but gentle backbone and the tips are wonderfully soft and give an instant feel of luxury on the skin. I face lather and it works superb on loading from hard soaps and while building the lather on my face.

The 'Shavemac' side:

210324_14091_Shavemac_Rover_2BSTBL.jpg

The 'Rover' view:

210315_14046-AboveTheTie-Windsor_Shavemac_Rover2BST.jpg

Simpson made a black Rover with Manchurian hair in 2013 and that black Rover always totally rocked me. But I have other Manchurian badgers from Simpson, so I went for Shavemac's Silvertip 2-Band for my custom Rover. The knot is a 24/48 fan. Tis Rover will join my Simpson brushes, which I had shown here: #186

Love that brush, the knot has a solid, but gentle backbone and the tips are wonderfully soft and give an instant feel of luxury on the skin. I face lather and it works superb on loading from hard soaps and while building the lather on my face.

The 'Shavemac' side:

View attachment 1243628

The 'Rover' view:

View attachment 1243629
Fantastic looking brush!

The 'Shavemac' side:

View attachment 1243628

The 'Rover' view:

View attachment 1243629
That's a gorgeous brush!

Acquired this interesting fun little 23x46 shavemac a while ago on a BST and have been seriously using it lately. SilverTip D01 2-Band an easily managed scrub, decent splay. Dense and short but not a lather hog either. It won't give up a cloud of pillowy geltip gooey softness, but its not a porcupine either. Any one else enjoying their D01 2-Band?

shavemac D01 web.jpg

Last edited:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The fan is as dense as the G2 but I asked Bernd for a heavy scrubby brush. The bulb is akin to a G1 I have but is not as dense. Bernd will make what ever you like but it appears the default is a bit less hair than the corresponding Simpson. That said the little bulb is a work horse and not afraid of anything!

I've been pondering sending Bernd a pic with the dimensions of a G2 and having him put his twist on an Amber or Lime or ??? handle with a (not overly but) stuffed Pure bulb. I think it would be an outstanding shave. A cousin to the G2.
Curious what you think of something like that?
Here we read the genesis of an idea that eventually became The Beagle. 12 December, 2019.

Top Bottom