What's new

Shavemac Appreciation Thread

thx for the pic. any chance you can post an overhead shot?

This is the normal density as i don't like too dense brushes these days, but i hope this picture helps you.

ShavemacPureDensity.jpg

Do you like that beehive? It looks good!

Great handle and you should definitely get one if you like the shape of the handle. Sits well in hand and i really like how it looks in faux tortoise.

I have another pure brush coming from Shavemac but wanted something totally different so i went with 22mm x 54mm knot so it will be soft and scratchy.

my shavemac has a nice handle but HATE the knot its a shedder and it cost way to much to send it back to germany to be fixed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so in short i love the handle but HATE the knot .......... i need to find a better knot to put into the handle.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
my shavemac has a nice handle but HATE the knot its a shedder and it cost way to much to send it back to germany to be fixed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so in short i love the handle but HATE the knot .......... i need to find a better knot to put into the handle.
I think you posted this twice now that your knot is a shedder. Happens, but very rarely with Shavemac knots. In all the years I use their knots, and I have used a lot of their knots, I had one shedder that was replaced by me for my customer and Shavemac replaced the knot for me. You may want to contact them and have them send a knot for your brush with my next order, I would change it for you.

I think you posted this twice now that your knot is a shedder. Happens, but very rarely with Shavemac knots. In all the years I use their knots, and I have used a lot of their knots, I had one shedder that was replaced by me for my customer and Shavemac replaced the knot for me. You may want to contact them and have them send a knot for your brush with my next order, I would change it for you.
Thank you for the offer. I will ask him about it. That is a very nice offer by you by the way. I appreciate it very much.

Thank you for the offer. I will ask him about it. That is a very nice offer by you by the way. I appreciate it very much.
I would just replace it myself with a different knot but i just dont know what would be best to put in it or who to get it from, any suggestions.?

I would just replace it myself with a different knot but i just dont know what would be best to put in it or who to get it from, any suggestions.?

jaro 101969 you have a PM.

If this is the brush I'm think it is a Maggard's 22mm 2-Band should fit nicely. Might have to bore it a little deeper to adjust the loft to your liking. Think they're $20. This is a nice knot. You can easily find a few more items there to get free shipping. If it is that brush, I'm not real sure shavemac is obliged to replace it considering the circumstance and at this very late juncture. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Thank you,
eeyore

Last edited:
Hi Sirs,

I'm interested about Shavemac pure badger. I have a Semogue 2010 and I love the way it lathers but it's unpleasent in face lathering. Shavemac pure bristles are softer than Semogue ones?. Thanks a lot

Hi Sirs,

I'm interested about Shavemac pure badger. I have a Semogue 2010 and I love the way it lathers but it's unpleasent in face lathering. Shavemac pure bristles are softer than Semogue ones?. Thanks a lot
It depends what loft you're going with the brush. My Shavemac pure with a 24mm/48mm knot is scratchy and stiff brush but i also have one other Shavemac with a 22mm/54mm knot and it barely has any scratch at all but it also doesn't have much backbone. It still works like a charm when face lathering but if i get another one at some point i will definitely get a little shorter lofted.

It depends what loft you're going with the brush. My Shavemac pure with a 24mm/48mm knot is scratchy and stiff brush but i also have one other Shavemac with a 22mm/54mm knot and it barely has any scratch at all but it also doesn't have much backbone. It still works like a charm when face lathering but if i get another one at some point i will definitely get a little shorter lofted.

Thanks @WoS for your answer. It will help me to decide if I change the knot or I buy a new brush, probably with a small size as 20 or 22 mm, but I'm hesitating with the loft, altought I wouldn't like to get a scratchy knot.

jaro 101969 you have a PM.

If this is the brush I'm think it is a Maggard's 22mm 2-Band should fit nicely. Might have to bore it a little deeper to adjust the loft to your liking. Think they're $20. This is a nice knot. You can easily find a few more items there to get free shipping. If it is that brush, I'm not real sure shavemac is obliged to replace it considering the circumstance and at this very late juncture. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Thank you,
eeyore
question for you what do you think of a Maggard Razors 22mm Timberwolf Synthetic knot in the handle we were talking about?

question for you what do you think of a Maggard Razors 22mm Timberwolf Synthetic knot in the handle we were talking about?

IIRC the base of that knot was a bit over 24mm diameter. 22mm should plunk in there just right. If not you can hog it out with some sandpaper wrapped around a dowel or whatever tools you might have to open it up a bit. Sounds fun I don't know anything about synthetics.

IIRC the base of that knot was a bit over 24mm diameter. 22mm should plunk in there just right. If not you can hog it out with some sandpaper wrapped around a dowel or whatever tools you might have to open it up a bit. Sounds fun I don't know anything about synthetics.
okay thanks i looked at it because i have the opportunity to get that particular knot for about 8 bucks and was really trying to find out if you thought that would be a good one for it but since you said you hadn't used that knot i will have to check more...also do you think a 23 mm knot would be better for this brush as i can get one of that size for about the same price?

It is a 23mm knot in it. I think shavemac knots are advertised diameter and the bore opened up to accommodate so a 23mm should fit fine. IIRC Bernd suggests 1.5mm over knot diameter.

Honestly I think the synthetics are intriguing, might as well travel down that rabbit hole too! Can't beat the prices. Mount it up with RTV if you don't like that knot wiggle it out and try another.

Shavemac Germania. Excellent brush! This is my second Shavemac. I used my first one daily for an estimated 5 years. I am going on a couple years now with the Germania.

Attachments

• 5FE60097-7234-4BB0-8F29-B9269E42540A.jpeg
    5FE60097-7234-4BB0-8F29-B9269E42540A.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 23
I just refinished a vintage EVEREADY handle and put in a 24mm Gray Smoke knot. I can’t compare it to the Timberwolf, but I’m very impressed with the smoke knot. It might be my favorite face lathering brush.
19999BA8-2455-4167-B0CD-EF23489B3987.jpeg
977668E8-85EF-4E35-9721-695164058A69.png

Top Bottom