What's new

Shaved my head today

Started with my Edwin Jagger DE89, Israeli Personna blade and some D R Harris Eton cream but found that it wasn't quite up to the task. That razor has been my goto for my face when I'm not using my straight edge. Switched to the Razorock Jaws and finished the job effortlessly. Since this was the first noggin shave in about a year I used some Razorock 888 Green Tea and Eucalyptus aftershave. Have been continually stroking my head for the rest of the day.

When you shave the top deck down to the wood, what is your razor and blade of choice?

Currently I'm using my Tech with Persona Red, but I've used my fatboy, slim, flare tip... well all except the straight! I will say the milder tech does the job well, but I find that the brush is a bigger issue; normally a Badger, used my boar today with poor results.

Currently I'm using my Tech with Persona Red, but I've used my fatboy, slim, flare tip... well all except the straight! I will say the milder tech does the job well, but I find that the brush is a bigger issue; normally a Badger, used my boar today with poor results.

What was wrong with the boar brush compared to badger ?? Sorry not trying to threadjack or steer off topic...

Something mild (Gillette Tech; I haven't tried a Slim on 1) since I am shaving blindly and generally nick the very top of my head, and 2) the biggest brush I have (Semogue SOC boar).

Although cartridges don't get near my face, for my head I like the Wilkinson Sword Extreme III disposables or my Headblade.

Merkur 37C. Efficient, yet relatively mild. I have several favorite blades, but I count GSBs and red IPs among the best.

I use open comb razors mostly (New, Old, MMTOC)

I use a boar brush, just got a new Omega 49. This large brush is great for lathering your head.

I've used my OC DE and also the headblade. If you want efficiency it's headblade. If you want reflective "me" time, it's the DE.

'66 SS flair tip/feather.

Only go one pass with the grain. Sides and top forward, back down. Went ATG once and mid day, the back of my head was on fire.

I also use a hand held mirror and turn around for the back of my head...

Last edited:
Top Bottom