Roll Again
5GEMPersonna
Wholly Kaw
Omega Boar
Blue Cobalt
6SchickAstra
Phoenix ShavingAKA Brushworx Synthetic
Roll Again

Sorry for my absence and my late start. I've been caught up with so many other things going on. BUT.... Here is my chart for Shave Yahtzee going forward. Tomorrow is my next shave so this will be interesting.

I made an edit to this post and the table disappeared so not sure what to say about that.

Shave Yahtzee

Dice Number

Dice Pip

RazorBladeSoapBrushLather Method
1FatipNacetBarrister & Mann
Yaqi SyntheticBluff Cove Pottery
2Tatara
Gillette Minora
Stirling Soap Company
Heritage Collection Ever Ready Badger
Roll Again
3Phoenix ShavingEddison
Mike's Natural Soap
Simpson Synthetic
Jar / Face
4BlacklandDorco Titan
Grooming Department
Van Der Hagen Badge
Roll Again
5GEMPersonna
Wholly Kaw
Omega Boar
Blue Cobalt
6SchickAstra
Phoenix ShavingAKA Brushworx Synthetic
Roll Again

Sorry for my absence and my late start. I've been caught up with so many other things going on. BUT.... Here is my chart for Shave Yahtzee going forward. Tomorrow is my next shave so this will be interesting.

I made an edit to this post and the table disappeared so not sure what to say about that.
Glad you're joining us!

Cream: Cremo original
Dice rolls
Razor/Blade: '49/'50 Executive w/ Astra SP
Aftershave: face/neck - Proraso Green & head/neck - Nivea Sensitive
IMG_20230110_181014049.jpg

This was an easy one to rate. 10/10

Great shave. For a non-adjustable this is one of my favorite razors. Soooo smooooth.

Shave Yahtzee Day 4

Not the best day today. The roll gave me: Fine Slant paired with a Feather. Stirling Smoky Grapefruit. Hand lathering with a Zenith Manchurian 2-Band badger.

The razor, brush, blade, and soap I have already seen in 4 days. The dice are against me.

I'm pretty convinced that the Fine Slant will go back into my back stock pile once this is over. Blade alignment is tough with this razor. The shave it gives is OK at best.

Once we complete Yahtzee, I'm done with Stirling until I get different water. The soap just doesn't work with what comes out of the tap here in Phoenix.

2 days in a row with the Manchurian. What a wonderful brush!

20230111_063241.jpg

AF2C7624-348A-48D1-B249-D446998C4482.jpeg

9E8DDF4B-1CF7-47B5-86D3-7FA9F8259264.jpeg

Shave Yahtzee (4, 1, 6, 2, 3) / BADGERary

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Nacet

Soap: P.A.A. Steeplechase Sport 2022
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: P.A.A. Steeplechase Sport 2022

With a roll of the die, the Shave Yahtzee gods have provided....

The Phoenix Shaving CK-6 soap in conjunction with a Blackland Blackbird matched with a Gillette Nacet blade, meant I was in for a real treat of a shave.

The Steeplechase Sport 2022 soap was excellent and smelled great! If you don't know, it's an homage to Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren and hits the mark very well. It's a classic '90s scent and for me is one that I'm quite familiar with and fond of. I'm such a sucker for cologne scent-inspired soaps and this one is no different. I love it and am glad I have it in my den.

The Blackbird sang its song as perfectly as it ever does. This is a razor that's intelligently designed and practically perfect in every way. I did four passes and ended up with a bbs shave. I just can't recommend this razor enough.

To round things out, I splashed on some matching Steeplechase Sport 2022 aftershave/cologne and walked away a happy man.

Rock on my friends and enjoy your shaves!

Last edited:
View attachment 1586466

View attachment 1586468
Shave Yahtzee (4, 1, 6, 2, 3) / BADGERary

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Nacet

Soap: P.A.A. Steeplechase Sport 2022
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: P.A.A. Steeplechase Sport 2022

With a roll of the die, the Shave Yahtzee gods have provided....

The Phoenix Shaving CK-6 soap in conjunction with a Blackland Blackbird matched with a Gillette Nacet blade, meant I was in for a real treat of a shave.

The Steeplechase Sport 2022 soap was excellent and smelled great! If you don't know, it's an homage to Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren and hits the mark very well. It's a classic '90s scent and for me is one that I'm quite familiar with and fond of. I'm such a sucker for cologne scent-inspired soaps and this one is no different. I love it and am glad I have it in my den.

The Blackbird sang its song as perfectly as it ever does. This is a razor that's intelligently designed and practically perfect in every way. I did four passes and ended up with a bbs shave. I just can't recommend this razor enough.

To round things out, I splashed on some matching Steeplechase Sport 2022 aftershave/cologne and walked away a happy man.

Rock on my friends and enjoy your shaves!
That Ever-Ready is in fine shape! I think I need to find one. I did see one at a local antique shop the other day, but it was in BAD shape.

Date
365 days of shaving11/365
(100%)
GRUYERE11/365 (100%)
GRUME January11/31 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 3/3
Timor 3/3
Eddison 3/3
Other participationsJanuary Shave Yahtzee (here)

Passes3
WTGC: Gillette Slide (NW-SE)
N: Gillette Slant (NW-SE in a N-S motion)
WXTG
C: Mirrored Gillette Slide (NE-SW)
N: Mirrored Gillette Slant (NE-SW)
ATG
C: Straight/Slanted (SW-NE in a S-N direction)
N: Slanted (SW-NE)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Gillette NEW ImprovedLondon Bridge vintage (2)DVH Synthetic
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Lavanda
Mostly face lathered
Cold splash
Floïd's the Genuine (AS)
Executive Man (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)9/10 (weeper from yesterday)
EffectivenessComfort
8.5/10 (BBS-)
7/10 (harsher with redness)

Notes to today’s shave:

I love the efficiency and effectiveness of the Gillette NI. The combination with this vintage London Bridge is however harsher to my skin than I anticipated resulting in redness and slight irritation on the neck. The aftershave lets me know it was a very close shave though. I feel smooth.

In terms of technique I did the first pass WXTG using the Gillette Slide and I did the second pass also WXTG but mirrored to the first pass. Jaw line was smoother than yesterday I believe.

Face lathered with Lavanda and got a good going lather with nice massaging from the synthetic brush. Just enough for the passes, but that was today’s goal anyway. I like the scent and the performance is excellent.

Date
365 days of shaving12/365 (100%)
GRUYERE12/365 (100%)
GRUME January12/31 (100%)
Timor 3/3
Eddison 3/3

Passes3
WXTG
ATG

Razor
Blade
Brush
Fatip Special Edition OCPersonna Red (8)Omega Roma Capitolina
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Dutchy Bergamot
Mostly face lathered
Cold splash
Floïd the Genuine (AS)
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort
8.5/10 (DFS+/BBS-)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

Haha! I switched razors, because I thought it was Fatip Friday when it just dawned on me it is currently Thursday! Anyway, I had a marvelous run with the Special Edition with a Shave Yahtzee suggested Personna Red blade. Excellent combination - smooth and comfortable. It also struck me that this razor is sooo nimble and easy to use and maneuver. Easily one of my favorite razors. I find fun in having more razors, but this Fatip fits the bill if you are looking for the one razor.

The Omega lathered a rich and creamy lather from Dutchy Bergmot. I face lathered and the backbone on this brush is still huge - relatively spleens harder in that sense. But one of my favoured brushes.

Change in technique still delivers results and this time with a different razor. Tomorrow's shave is yet another razor, so I'll see if I can maintain my track record.

Enjoy you shave!

Date
GRUYERE12/365 (100%)
Timor 3/3
Eddison 3/3

Passes3
WXTG
ATG

Razor
Blade
Brush
Fatip Special Edition OCPersonna Red (8)Omega Roma Capitolina
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Dutchy Bergamot
Mostly face lathered
Cold splash
Floïd the Genuine (AS)
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort
8.5/10 (DFS+/BBS-)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

Haha! I switched razors, because I thought it was Fatip Friday when it just dawned on me it is currently Thursday! Anyway, I had a marvelous run with the Special Edition with a Shave Yahtzee suggested Personna Red blade. Excellent combination - smooth and comfortable. It also struck me that this razor is sooo nimble and easy to use and maneuver. Easily one of my favorite razors. I find fun in having more razors, but this Fatip fits the bill if you are looking for the one razor.

The Omega lathered a rich and creamy lather from Dutchy Bergmot. I face lathered and the backbone on this brush is still huge - relatively spleens harder in that sense. But one of my favoured brushes.

Change in technique still delivers results and this time with a different razor. Tomorrow's shave is yet another razor, so I'll see if I can maintain my track record.

Enjoy you shave!
I agree with you, the Special Edition OC gives a marvelous shave!

Cream: Cremo original
Dice rolls
Razor/Blade: Parthenon w/ Astra SP
Aftershave: face/neck - Aqua Velva I e Blue & head/neck - Nivea Sensitive

IMG_20230111_203115400.jpg

10/10

A very nice enjoyable shave. The Parthenon is a very interesting razor. I don't know if qshave actually came out this this design but they say they did with a successful Kickstarter campaign. There's several copies of this out there now too.

There's not a traditional guardrail with it and I'm not sure it would be great for shaving longer hair and thick creams or soaps. But with my usual daily stubble and light lather of cremo it works great. This is also I feel like my mildest razor on level "1" with no blade feel. The base is the safety rails. And they put a magnet at the bottom of the handle like the Eclipse red ring. I like unique razors.

Shave Yahtzee Day 5

Oh how the dice smiled upon me today! The roll gave me: A Fatip Storto Chrome Original paired with a Feather. Chisled Face Cryogen. A scuttle with a Semogue Galahad C3 Premium IT.

Everything about today was right!

The blade alignment is a bit fidgety with all Fatips (IME) but once locked in, it's such a wonderful tool. Stick a feather in it and "perfecto"!

I am so absolutely blown away with Chiseled Face Soap. The base is exceptional. It is one of the finest soaps I have ever used, period! The Cryogen brings tears to my eyes it is so refreshing. I always couple it with the matching Cryogen aftershave and it's a menthol that last a very long time.

The Semogue Galahad C3 Premium IT is the best boar I own (I have a few ;)). It is always a pleasure to use even with the keyhole handle.

I do like scuttles. This is an old Crown King scuttle from PAA that I use when I travel to MN or NC in the winter months. It's pretty indestructible and works well for plastic.

20230112_100841.jpg

Date
GRUYERE12/365 (100%)
Timor 3/3
Eddison 3/3

Passes3
WXTG
C: Mirrored Gillette Slide (NW-SE in a NE-SW motion)
N: Mirrored Gillette Slant (NE-SW in a S-N motion)
ATG
C: Mostly straight/Slanted (S-N)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Swedish SwingEddison (2)Omega Super Badger
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
MWF
Mostly face lathered
Cold splash
Proraso Green (AS)
Proraso Green (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
7/10 (~25 minutes)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort
8.5/10 (DFS+/BBS-)
9/10 (Buttery smooth)

Notes to today’s shave:

The Swedish Swing is my latest acquisition from the last day of December. I finally jumped at the opportunity of having one after Jack Goossen planted the mental seed for it. And when Jack says something is good it is, because he knows the shaving trade and he is miles in front of me.

Shave Yahtzee provided the third Eddison blade which is a very fine blade in my book. The combination is a shaving laser. After the first pass I had DFS cheeks. I hesitated to do a two pass shave, but I like the combination and I want to minimise irritation. The passes and blissfully smooth.

A very fine addition to the collection and again an example of a razor you could shave with daily and need nothing else to get excellent results.

More details can be found here.

Enjoy your shave today!

Date
GRUYERE12/365 (100%)
Timor 3/3
Eddison 3/3

Passes3
WXTG
C: Mirrored Gillette Slide (NW-SE in a NE-SW motion)
N: Mirrored Gillette Slant (NE-SW in a S-N motion)
ATG
C: Mostly straight/Slanted (S-N)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Swedish SwingEddison (2)Omega Super Badger
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
MWF
Mostly face lathered
Cold splash
Proraso Green (AS)
Proraso Green (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
7/10 (~25 minutes)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort
8.5/10 (DFS+/BBS-)
9/10 (Buttery smooth)

Notes to today’s shave:

The Swedish Swing is my latest acquisition from the last day of December. I finally jumped at the opportunity of having one after Jack Goossen planted the mental seed for it. And when Jack says something is good it is, because he knows the shaving trade and he is miles in front of me.

Shave Yahtzee provided the third Eddison blade which is a very fine blade in my book. The combination is a shaving laser. After the first pass I had DFS cheeks. I hesitated to do a two pass shave, but I like the combination and I want to minimise irritation. The passes and blissfully smooth.

A very fine addition to the collection and again an example of a razor you could shave with daily and need nothing else to get excellent results.

More details can be found here.

Enjoy your shave today!
That's a very nice looking razor. I've never had the bug to go sown the vintage road. I'm so glad because for me that would be a rabbit hole of no return.

That's a very nice looking razor. I've never had the bug to go sown the vintage road. I'm so glad because for me that would be a rabbit hole of no return.
Well, you are absolutely right about that Ralph! I had modern razors only, until I decided to get me a Tech just to experience what the raving was all about (and that raving is true by the way!). As soon as that razor entered RAD broke loose in a major way and I now have more vintage razors then I do modern ones.

Guido.

Well, you are absolutely right about that Ralph! I had modern razors only, until I decided to get me a Tech just to experience what the raving was all about (and that raving is true by the way!). As soon as that razor entered RAD broke loose in a major way and I now have more vintage razors then I do modern ones.

Guido.
I always look at SR's, DE's, brushes, and the other various shaving goodies when the wife and I go to shops where I can find them. I always here that voice in the back of my head, "step away from the case Ralph, just step away".

I always look at SR's, DE's, brushes, and the other various shaving goodies when the wife and I go to shops where I can find them. I always here that voice in the back of my head, "step away from the case Ralph, just step away".
Inside your head? Or actually for real right next to you (aka the wife)? :c1:

Top Bottom