What's new

Shave Til You Drop

About 40 different soaps on average 50g so that is 2000g or 2000 shaves approx 6 years if I do not buy or get more which is unlikely
Blades sufficient and since I am not a big as lover that could take longer.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Pushin' 60. :) That's better than pullin' 59.

I have two soaps. One is Yardley Almond, really a body soap but it's got good slickness and I like it. The other is my own soap (OH Puck!) and it's time to make another batch.

Blades: I use Kai Mild Pink in some of my straights; I think I have about 10 left. Should buy some more. I use Astra SP in slants and some of my straights. I have an unopened box of 100 but I will open it soon. I use Personna Stainless PTFE Coated Gem blades. I think I have about 20 left. Looks like it's time to stock up on blades!

It's taken me about a year and a half to get through a bottle of Nivea Men Sensitive Skin Aftershave Balm, and I've got a reserve bottle under the sink. I'm good for now.

O.H.

I have no children. I have only nieces (they are *awesome* so that's not the complaint) and their husbands/boyfriends/etc are all bearded weirdos to the man (I say that affectionately). Clearly I'm going to need an estate plan to organize a posthumous PIF.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
10 (ish) year stockpile of new and unused soaps
20 (ish) year stockpile of DE blades
1 year's worth of aftershave
2 years worth of balms and moisturisers
A few spare zamak parts for Jagger and Merkur razors

EdT I have no idea with, really. I only have three bottles, but in three years, I've maybe got 60% down one bottle, and only had a few squirts of the other two. What's that work out at? 15 years?

I bought a bunch of soaps about 10 years ago and I haven’t even finished them. I managed to finish a puck of loccitaine but that’s it, based on that I’m sure I could go 20 years on those pucks. Also have a bunch of tubes that I need to go through as well, probably a few years there too.

I remember laughing when people talked of YEARS supply of things when I first started hanging out here.

But I've got 13 soaps - none of which are hardly dented from use (and I think one or two more in the mail) so I'd say I have several years of soaps now

And I think my blades are up to a 10 year supply

LOL. But I'll never be bored shaving again!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I have 26 soaps and creams, including duplicates, if I get through 5 soaps a year that will be about 5 years of soap. I also have about 450 blades. I get at least 7 shaves from most blades (and a lot more from some) so that's more than 8 and a half years of blades.
I really need to head over to the 3017 thread.

7 soaps. Each lasts about 3 months of daily use with heavy loading. On average they are about half full.

About a years worth I’d say.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
That 1K of Dorco Primes (13.7 yrs. @6 shaves per) is going faster, as I keep giving 100-packs away. Yet those aren't the only blades, so. Maybe 15 yrs.

AA

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Fairly certain I have enough blades, soap, and AS (I had a major score of some vintage Avon about a year ago) that I think it will all last until I retire, which I'm planning to do almost exactly 18 years from now.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
If I’m reincarnated as another human or most any mammal then I‘ll break even if I work the canned foams (two Nivea, half an Aveeno) back into the rotation. Otherwise, I’ll be a fuzzy capybara towards the second end.

I bought a bunch of soaps about 10 years ago and I haven’t even finished them. I managed to finish a puck of loccitaine but that’s it, based on that I’m sure I could go 20 years on those pucks. Also have a bunch of tubes that I need to go through as well, probably a few years there too.

I can see myself writing a similar post one day. I've bought way too many soaps and aftershaves over the last two years.

Top Bottom