What's new

Shave Sticks

Leaving more water in the brush made a BIG difference for me. Some of the sticks that I tried that I thought were just okay I tried again with more water and the results were much better lather. Shave sticks work really great and they are just plain fun to use. Here is my modest collection:

View attachment 582644

Nice collection. Which one is your favorite? I have the above in my collection as well as some others. Of the ones above I like the Wilkinson and Tabac the best.

Nice collection. Which one is your favorite? I have the above in my collection as well as some others. Of the ones above I like the Wilkinson and Tabac the best.

I would say my favorites are Tabac also and Arko because it lathers so easily. I like the scent of La Toja but I find it a little harder to make good lather. I may have to try it again soon.

I think some guys (myself included) give up on sticks too soon. When I first tried sticks I just could not get them to work. But I kept coming back to them and I'm glad I did. Now I love them. It is quickly becoming my favorite way to lather.
I think what made the biggest difference for me was to start with a wetter brush. Plenty of soap on your face and a wet brush (not dripping wet).

I love shave sticks because when I first started wet shaving I had a hard time lathering soap pucks and bowl lathering. Another member suggested I try shave sticks and I did and loved them instantly. I learned how to lather soap and trying different brushes.

I just got done shaving with the Tabac stick tonight. I think it was the first time I put too much soap on my face. The lather was real thick. I had to add a lot of water. It is such a great soap.

$Merkur Tabac.jpg

I'm a three week old newbie here and have started downsizing already. I know that sounds ridiculous (and I suspect it won't last for long).

For the moment though (as of today), I think I have my ideal minimum setup:

$2nd-DE-Shave-Setup.jpg
Please excuse the fuzzy picture from my phone.

I received my Tabac shaving stick today and had my first face lather, great! :w00t:

I'm subscribed to this thread and would like to join the Brotherhood here. If that's OK would someone let me know? Also, should I decide to include it in my signature, what letters should I use (out of the choice of three in my subtitle above*)?

* I see in the Clubs and Brotherhoods WIKI (where I found this thread) that it's SSB, but the only things I've seen in members' signatures are SSLG and BOTSS. (Just another confused Newbie... this site is SO BIG!)

I'm a three week old newbie here and have started downsizing already. I know that sounds ridiculous (and I suspect it won't last for long).

For the moment though (as of today), I think I have my ideal minimum setup:

Please excuse the fuzzy picture from my phone.

I received my Tabac shaving stick today and had my first face lather, great! :w00t:

I'm subscribed to this thread and would like to join the Brotherhood here. If that's OK would someone let me know? Also, should I decide to include it in my signature, what letters should I use (out of the choice of three in my subtitle above*)?

* I see in the Clubs and Brotherhoods WIKI (where I found this thread) that it's SSB, but the only things I've seen in members' signatures are SSLG and BOTSS. (Just another confused Newbie... this site is SO BIG!)

Tallow - check

Stick - check

You're in. You could have that setup forever, and miss nothing. Tabac rules!

Top Bottom