What's new

Shave Sticks Review Project

This is a very interesting thread. I also love shave sticks. I think it is the best way to make lather. Luc didn't want to test artistic soaps. He just tested the main stream ones.
I have to agree as it was mentioned above that Mystic Water is an outstanding performer. It is my favorite stick.

View attachment 962779
Is that, by chance, a push up style container? I can't find push up containers in a decent size lately. They're all 0.25 to 2.0 ounces in size. Even the 2 ounce sizes are getting hard to come by. A lot of places have switched over to the paper push up containers, which aren't exactly reusable.

If that's a push up container, it would be greatly appreciated if you could supply a link to it.

Is that, by chance, a push up style container? I can't find push up containers in a decent size lately. They're all 0.25 to 2.0 ounces in size. Even the 2 ounce sizes are getting hard to come by. A lot of places have switched over to the paper push up containers, which aren't exactly reusable.
If that's a push up container, it would be greatly appreciated if you could supply a link to it.

Mystic Water uses a twist up container as most others do. Tabac is seems to be the type you are looking for.

Just finished reading the entire thing.

Wow what a good thread!

Due to Palmolive sticks being discontinued in the UK I am considering a new travel alternative. Though I do like shaving oil for this.

I have Derby & Wilkinson sword left to try. I intend to add Tabac & speick to my inventory as well.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Hi Gents,

I've read a few replies and to answer questions :

1-The list where it's above the "I would buy again" is ordered as my personal preference. I mainly tried to go with ease of use/final lather/performance, then scent.

2-I tried not to review "Artisan sticks" or small productions. There are great Artisan products but the purpose of this thread was to rate commercially made sticks.

3-I'm still alive. Life gets in the way sometimes.

Cheers, Luc

Hi Gents,

1-The list where it's above the "I would buy again" is ordered as my personal preference. I mainly tried to go with ease of use/final lather/performance, then scent.

2-I tried not to review "Artisan sticks" or small productions. There are great Artisan products but the purpose of this thread was to rate commercially made sticks.

Cheers, Luc
Luc, I am anxiously waiting for more reviews.

Hi Gents,

Cheers, Luc

Thanks for posting up again Luc, FWIW I think this is one of the best threads on this great forum.

Luc

Staff member
Thank you gents!

I will dig in my shave stick bag and check if I got something else that would fit here!

I didn’t buy anything new in a while.

At the moment I am finishing a RazoRock blue shave stick(not sure if the label changed or if they are still manufactured as I have the light blue label.

That one would possibly be eligible since I have the Elvado shave stick in the list.

Luc

Staff member
Right, I won’t have much to add here. My shave stick bag is almost all documented here. I probably will do something similar with aftershaves as I (still) have a fair collection!

Luc

Thanks for putting in your time and money to create this thread.

I always find myself coming back to it every few months. Because it's such a good thread.

I just started using shave sticks this year and wish I would have tried them sooner.

Look forward to the Razorock stick review.

Hi Gents,

Cheers, Luc
Glad to see you back.

Very glad to see you back Luc!

One of the best threads in B&B. It's great to see @Luc being active. I only joined in 2018 but I have been through the entire thread more than once.
Looking forward to more sticks and the aftershave review project.
Are you adding a review for Razorock sticks?

Luc

Staff member
One of the best threads in B&B. It's great to see @Luc being active. I only joined in 2018 but I have been through the entire thread more than once.
Looking forward to more sticks and the aftershave review project.
Are you adding a review for Razorock sticks?

Yes I will, I have a few pictures and more shaves to go.

Top Bottom