What's new

Shave Soap Stick(s) - Why?

And I certainly don’t see why it’d be better than cream for travel.
Why do you like using the stick?

Small, light, and sturdy. Quick to use, clean, and stow. Can't be interpreted as a liquid as others have mentioned. No chance of a stick getting punctured, torn, etc. and leaking. I jam Arko sticks into those twist-up deodorant tubes, and use La Toja sticks a lot. Arko works well with any water, anywhere. La Toja's smaller and comes in it's own tube. IMO La Toja smells better.

We need to get you a DeLorean ride to the future and back, so you can tell us whether you converted or not.

I think the stick is the easiest way to make soap. I just enjoy it the most.

Why not? To me it is the most efficient way to shave with the best result. Once you get the hang of it with a little goes a long way it is great. I would ask why would you work up all that lather in a bowl? I am not shaving the bowl. Apply stick, lather for 30 seconds, shave, repeat. I just love it.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I can use creams, pucks, sticks, canned foam. The sticks are second quickest after canned foam and by lathering on the face, there is no bowl to clean up. Sticks fit nicely in a shaving kit for travel. Speick is my favorite.

My favorite travel set up is La Toja stick with my Wee Scot: great lather every time with no muss or fuss!!

This also works well at home!! :a14::a14:
My travel kit as well.
20190209_165342.jpg

For me, face lathering seems to be an irritant. I don't know if I didn't have enough water before I applied the soap, but my face was very unhappy with the Palmolive stick. I was able to use it in a dish, though, so there's a component in that method that caused problems.

I also have very sensitive skin, fwiw.

Because a tallow based stick is better than any cream I’ve ever tried. Because it packs small. Because it’s not a liquid. Because it’s the same soaps I use at home, just a smaller brush. because I face lather at home and on the road.

my weekender/carry on kit. a 1qt travel bag with a brush, Trac II, Feather SS, Colgate tin of a 50g stick of Speick, travel toothbrush, 2.8oz toothpaste, 3oz bottle of soap, and two straights, plus some this and thats. and my travel strop next to it.

IMG_0334.JPG

and the stick alone and container:

IMG_0362.JPG

Because a tallow based stick is better than any cream I’ve ever tried. Because it packs small. Because it’s not a liquid. Because it’s the same soaps I use at home, just a smaller brush. because I face lather at home and on the road.

my weekender/carry on kit. a 1qt travel bag with a brush, Trac II, Feather SS, Colgate tin of a 50g stick of Speick, travel toothbrush, 2.8oz toothpaste, 3oz bottle of soap, and two straights, plus some this and thats. and my travel strop next to it...

You forgot to tell us the color of your underwear. :001_rolle ;)

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
For me, face lathering seems to be an irritant. I don't know if I didn't have enough water before I applied the soap, but my face was very unhappy with the Palmolive stick. I was able to use it in a dish, though, so there's a component in that method that caused problems.

I also have very sensitive skin, fwiw.

I find that my usual boar doesn't work well for this task, and have a dedicated synthetic brush in my travel washbag, which works much better

Those who love their sticks, love them well! I’ll give you guys that. I’ll admit, it does grow on you.

My favorite travel set up is La Toja stick with my Wee Scot: great lather every time with no muss or fuss!!

This also works well at home!! :a14::a14:
I have a stick of the La Toja in my dopp kit. My travel brush is my Semogue 1520.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

M

member 119848

I love sticks, because they are so simple to use.
But the last time I bought some soap, there was no stick available from the artisan, and I didn´t want to go through the work of making a stick by myself.... So I just use the soap the same way as a stick, and it works fine:

DF4A9940-8F55-4891-8505-0DC28A9DACB8.jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Funny. :001_tt2: I was shocked, too, the first time I hit that face with a brush ... Lather explosion indeed!

AA

Top Bottom