What's new

Shave Soap Help

I’m wanting to get my Dad shave soap that smells like CK’s Obsession & one that smells like Drakkar Noir. Any idea who makes an Obsession soap? I know of Stirling’s Noir but are there any others for that fragrance?

According to Basenotes, CK Obsession has the scent notes of
  • Top Notes. Lemon, Mandarin, Bergamot, Peach, Jasmine, Rose, Orange blossom, Rosewood.
  • Coriander, Marigold, Armoise, Ylang ylang, Cedar, Sandalwood.
  • Oakmoss, Vanilla, Musk, Civet.
Drakkar Noir has scent notes of
  1. Top Notes
  2. Heart Notes
  3. Base notes

There is a website called Try That Soap that lists the scent notes for various shaving soaps. Perhaps you can figure out something that is similar. Off the top of my head, I cannot think of anything. Both of the scents are pretty complex, so it is unlikely you will find a close match.

Mama Bear Soaps makes soap clones of both:

Here's another Drakkar: Dark Power Shave Soap - http://kshaveworx.com/dark-power-shave-soap/

I have been using Drakkar since it first came out so long time user... When I first started traditional wet shaving full time back in 2016 I inquired for a dupe of it and was suggested to give Stirling Noir a go and can vouch having used shave soap, aftershave, bar soap, and eau de toilette I can say its eerily close to the original... Unfortunately I believe it has been discontinued by Stirling recently for what ever reason!! You could always place a WTB in the BST and I'm sure someone out there might have some that might not be getting the love it deserves and would be willing to part with it...

Top Bottom