What's new

Shave Secret

Not a soap, a preparation for shaving. Oil, menthol and clove oil. Gave me the closest shave I have had in a long time. Also works as an aftershave. A steal at $3 at Walmart. Where has this stuff been all these years?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Kept a secret where it should be, never to be talked about. :001_tongu
I thought it was garbage and clogged up my razor. But hey, it works for some folks otherwise Walmart wouldn't sell it. Glad it found you.

I bought a bottle once. Played around with it some. I liked it better as a pre-shave but the clove scent is pretty strong. It was middle of the road for me- worked fine but never bought it again after it was gone. Much cheaper than most other pre-shave oils which is a plus.

I tried it. Then after some some time the thought of putting oil on my after washing my face for a shave didnt made much since. I tried a few other "pre-shave" treatments and found that nothing was better than a clean washed face and whiskers before a shave.

Some folks are into it. Some folks like to oil a beard too. If it works for you, go for it. But oiling didnt help my shave, it interfered with my lather, clogged up safety razors and stuck to my straight razors.

There was a guy on the fourms that switched to using Shave Secret exclusively he liked it so much. Personally I'm not a huge fan of shave oils but YMMV.

Kept a secret where it should be, never to be talked about. :001_tongu
I thought it was garbage and clogged up my razor. But hey, it works for some folks otherwise Walmart wouldn't sell it. Glad it found you.
Tough to use it in spring and summer. Once it gets cool/cold out, I find it works for me. Right, YMMV. I have yet to clog my razor, I tap mine against the sink and the stubble comes out for me.

I use about 3-4 drops as a pre-shave on my neck to prevent irritation. I have also used it alone to shave with. It does work to shave with it but you have to rinse a lot as the stubble/oil can collect on the blade.

FYI, the clogging issue with shave oil is a non-issue if you use an open-comb razor.

But if you use a cartridge, you will get horrible clogging every time. If you use a closed-comb (a.k.a., "safety bar") DE (or SE) razor, you may have clogging issues as well.

Eric

Top Bottom