What's new

Shave Roulette

Sunday’s shave was a fun one. It reminded me that Palmolive is a quality cream with a pleasing scent. Face lathering with the floppy Plisson Access was a nice change of place from the usual boar. Opened up the Fatboy to a 5 and dropped a Lord in. First time using a Lord and I was impressed. No tugs or bites. Smoooooth.

R41 + Kai. First time using a Kai. I've been interested in increased blade feel. If this comination doesn't do it then at least I have my ikon Tek that's been waiting patiently.
Did the Kai blade do the trick?

I've got an R41 & Kai tee'd up for tomorrow's shave - should be interesting... :yikes:

Eben Stone

Staff member
I'm committed to the RR hawk and Feather AC pro for the OBIF challenge. So I'm just using shave roulette to choose my soap and brush.

I've adjusted my bids to only choose from MDC on Mondays, so I can also participate in the MDC Monday thingy.

Preshave: Proraso red
Soap: MdC vetiver
Brush: RazoRock 400
Razor: RR Hawk V3-OC
Blade: Feather AC professional #14
Aftershave: Stirling bergamot and lavender

One if my best shaves so far.

Quick one pass tonight with AoS Peppermint, Omega 48, Star DE, and Bic Chrome. Love my 48 for face lathering but must admit it's not a precision tool when lathering up my beard edges. The Star and Bic complimented one another well.

Eben Stone

Staff member
Soap: Le Père Lucien Rose de Pushkar
Razor: RR Hawk V3-OC
Blade: Feather AC professional #15
Aftershave: B&M reserve

Not bad. A little redness but zero alum burn.

yesterday's spin made for a good shave yesterday evening.

Brush: Yaqi synthetic
Soap: Dr. Jon's Savannah Sunrise:001_wub:
Main razor: Feather SS with a Schick Proline on its 14th shave
Clean-up DE: Stahly. For fun I put it on an iKon Tuckaway handle (tiny little short handle). I had a most unused pack of Gillette 7 o'clock black blades (my usual blade is the Polsilver SI), so I loaded up a fresh one of these.

Two passes to CCS+. The 7 o'clock black wasn't anywhere near as nice as my usual Polsilver blades, but it got the job done. Fragrant lather from the Savannah Sunrise makes almost any shave a good one!

B93D07B4-31B1-4608-B652-1C1E4E6D06F1.jpeg

2277. I haven’t shaved since Thursday due to being busy with a lot of manual labor, and this iKon X3 is generally not the tool I’d choose to knock that back. And English Leather isn’t my top, or even in my top 10, option for an AS scent. But any opportunity to use my TSS Klassik brush is a good opportunity, so we must forge ahead. Got an excellent lather to work with.

The iKon needs more attention during use than most of my razors due to the very small window of usable shaving angles. Nonetheless I got an excellent shave from it, other than a bit of irritation in the tough spot on the corner of my jaw that required the styptic to make the redness go away. The EL did its thing, and I look human again.

I had a pretty great shave with my ball end Old Type this morning. On a silly note, I was having a hard time deciding if I wanted to shower last night or this morning so checked the roulette wheel to see if it motivated me one way or another. Based on my limited number in each category my shave was the same regardless so it didn't matter what I picked.

Love it when the random number generator forces me to make a decision I was trying to avoid.

Great shave this morning. I used the number except for the clean-up DE; I had just received a razor that I bought off the B/S/T, so I subbed that brand-new razor in.

The numbers gave me the Yaqi brush and Soapy Science in the Doc's Special Blend scent. They also gave me the Mythus shavette. The blade in that one was a Feather ProGuard on its 16th (!) shave. My new DE is the Meta 4 from Pheonix Shaving. Interesting beast, with a handle that looks almost exactly like the handle of a Red Tip. The whole thing is stainless steel, though, so it is a lot heavier.

So I could try out the new DE better, I shaved the left half of my face entirely with the DE, and the right half with the shavette. Equal first-pass reduction and an equal result after two passes.

Really nice, smooth shave. I loved the Meta 4. After one half of one shave, it's too soon to say for sure, but I suspect this one will end up being one of my favorites.

Eben Stone

Staff member
Today's soap and brush chosen randomly, razor and blade fixed for OBIF.

Soap: RazoRock Acqua
Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3-OC
Blade: Feather AC professional #16
Aftershave: Stirling bergamot and lavender

Still cuts; no problems going first pass ATG, close shave and zero alum burn.

Eben Stone

Staff member
Today's setup:

Soap: Declaration Grooming Convergence
Brush: Mühle Vivo black fiber v2
Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3-OC
Blade: Feather AC professional #19

Achieved a great shave. 3 pass ATG, ATG, WTG. Close and zero irritation. The DG soap seems to have good slickness and just the right amount of cushion. But it took a lot of soap to produce a small amount of lather. I used maybe 2x the amount compared to other soaps/croaps and almost didn't have enough for 3 passes. Typically I have enough left over for an entire shave. Weird.

Top Bottom