What's new

Shave Roulette

View attachment 1210060

5967. Was looking forward to finally getting out the Fatip open comb slant razor, with a new Spoiler. Didn’t work out too well though. It was very smooth but three passes left a lot of stubble, and another pass ended up giving me a lot of irritation under my chin. We’ll see what happens next time.

An non-efficient shave with the FOCS?
I thought this is impossible just by definition?! ;)
Better luck next time...👍

20210117_213533-01.jpeg

Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Pharaoh's Dreamsiecle
Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (6)

Another lovely shave with the chinese made Gillette Wilkinson Sword due to spin no. 5967 - it's been a great start on Monday morning!

An non-efficient shave with the FOCS?
I thought this is impossible just by definition?! ;)
Better luck next time...👍

First time it happened to me, and I've used it many times. It was certainly surprising. So yes, we'll see if we have better luck next time.

20210119_072818.jpg

Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura Boar/Badger
Soap: Mäurer & Wirtz ~ Tabac
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)

I had a comfy shave this morning. BBS in three passes. I cranked up the razor for the atg pass from setting 4 to 7 - and my grungy Slim mowed down the remaining stubble with ease (zero tugging atg with the GP).

Lucky no.7 made me choose the soap.
Tabac did a fabulous job. As always...

B7B25E94-68F7-484A-ACE0-D660CFBEA672.jpeg

My 7128. An odd combination, to say the least. Great lather. Crappy shave. AS smells good. Face still sensitive from the other day though. Going to need to get off the roulette wheel for razors for awhile and shave with the Gillette Slim for a couple days to let my face heal.

SOTD (020/2021)
20-01-2021

>> Shave Roulette <<

20210120_092106.jpg

Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2-band badger
Soap: Zingari Man ~ The Explorer
Razor: Fatip Open Comb Slant
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (3)

7128- a very nice spin for me! The blue Astra felt a bit rough on my skin today, but overall just a nice dfs+ shave.

@pdieten Are you going to pass over the croupier's duty today? If so, who is the croupier elect? ;)

Is Ryanshh still taking part?
@Ryanshh
Would you like to take over the croupier's position and provide the upcoming spins (starting today)...?

I assume @Atlantic59 would be Ryanshh's successor...

Last edited:
I can take over for the week. I most likely will be announcing them around 10:00am central time for the US (with the obvious exception of today)

Happy shaves and sorry for the delay.

I can take over for the week. I most likely will be announcing them around 10:00am central time for the US (with the obvious exception of today)

Happy shaves and sorry for the delay.

Thank you for your support. This initial spin is going to determine my Friday setup.

Today, I did a "free" shave:

20210121_113813.jpg

Brush: Omega Hi Brush 46138 Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Triumph
Razor: Razorock German 37 Slant
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (7)

Happy shaves!

Last edited:
Alright, sorry for the hiccup yesterday. This will be the time I typically announce the spin.

Enjoy your shaves and have a great day!

Tuesday's spin produced a nice Wednesday evening shave: my brand new Yaqi brush lathering up one of my oldest soaps, Mystic Water's Rosalimone. I used the Mythus shavette, and for clean-up a new-to-me Viking's Blade Emporer Meiji with a fresh Polsilver blade.

Comfortable and close two-pass shave. Found out that the VB Meiji is smoother and has less blade feel at 7 than it has at 2, which I think is really weird, but there it is. Also re-discovered that the Mythus shavette, although aesthetically not perfect, is an outstanding shaver.

Have a great day, gents.

Tuesday's spin produced a nice Wednesday evening shave: my brand new Yaqi brush lathering up one of my oldest soaps, Mystic Water's Rosalimone. I used the Mythus shavette, and for clean-up a new-to-me Viking's Blade Emporer Meiji with a fresh Polsilver blade.

Comfortable and close two-pass shave. Found out that the VB Meiji is smoother and has less blade feel at 7 than it has at 2, which I think is really weird, but there it is. Also re-discovered that the Mythus shavette, although aesthetically not perfect, is an outstanding shaver.

Have a great day, gents.
So what brush did you order...? #curiousme

The Meiji issue appears to be kind of strange. Are you going to return it? Or does it not impact your shave?

So what brush did you order...? #curiousme

The Meiji issue appears to be kind of strange. Are you going to return it? Or does it not impact your shave?
I ordered the Familia Sagrada with the tuxedo knot. It's nice.
As far as the razor is concerned, I am going to need to use it a bunch more before I decide. I really like the looks and the heft, so I will give it some time. If it seems to bother me, I may try to sand off the bumps with a Dremel before I give up on the razor.

D2E567B5-86B3-464F-9A1C-C9277C222C17.jpeg

This is my 2063. Italian shave with a boar brush and Proraso blue. FOCS gets another turn, trying a different blade this time.

It worked much better and gave a pretty comfortable shave but face is still a little tender from the last few days so I’m going to take a day or two off now.

Attachments

• E5E4E22F-05D7-4C56-912F-DA932E79813D.jpeg
    E5E4E22F-05D7-4C56-912F-DA932E79813D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Top Bottom