What's new

Shave Roulette

Eben Stone

Staff member
Tomorrow morning's shave...

XXXX => RazoRock Caribbean Holiday, RazoRock 400, Mühle R41, Mühle rasurkultur

The Muhle blade in the R41 is a great combination. Doesn't go first pass ATG without tugging, but otherwise I'm expecting an exceptional shave.

20210104_133039-01.jpeg

Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Baker Street
Razor: Mühle R94
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Germany (5)

I wonder if this brush will ever break in completely. My other Semogue boar brushes broke in only after a couple of uses. According to my tally it's been used more than 30+ times... I'm already enjoying this brush a lot, though.

74D6F37A-6467-46FF-A408-EC27EC1F19BB.jpeg

1- Van Der Hagen Deluxe soap
1- TSS Mimik Badger synth brush
4- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 razor. New Spoiler blade (P3 - 1970)
4- Barbasol Brisk AS

An excellent shave. Easy comfortable lather. Can’t say that I don’t prefer my brass razors to heavier steel ones, because I do, but you just can’t go wrong with a vintage Spoiler.

I have changed my bet.

I added a new "lucky no. 7" column which provides a "blade/soap/razor of my choice" section.
Rationale is to bring in stuff in my rotation which is not part of my current bet or to use one preferred item already in the list (according to desire and mood).

20210105_130556.jpg

20210104_214735-01.jpeg

Brush: Semogue 1800
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street ~ Royal Forest
Razor: Gillette Super Speed Rocket HD
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (4)

I had a great shave last night; the roll chose one of my new soaps, Wickham's Club Cola. It also chose the Feather SS and the iKon 101 for clean-up. Great lather, great shave. No problems.

I have good news for JAHE in today's spin, which is:

You get a chance to try out your new category TWICE in one spin! Enjoy your shaves.

Last night and tonight are turning out to be the same shave (I guess that's what happens when you have limited brushes and are keeping soaps and blades constant for now.) I am actually thrilled by this because last night was the best shave I've had this year. Used my Gillette Black Beauty Adjustable, Rapira blades (too lazy to check which ones and I don't remember the box with black, pink, and blue I think), WCS Badger Brush, and Ghost Town Barber soap. Looking forward to another nice shave tonight.

20210105_223234-01.jpeg

Brush: Thäter 4125/2 2-Band Silvertip Badger Imperial Red 26 Fan Rounded
Soap: Le Père Lucien ~ Cèdre Orange
Razor: Mühle Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (1)

Today´s spin gave a free choice wtr to the brush and the blade.
I opted for the Thäter since I hadn´t used it for quite some time. It´s my preferred brush for face lathering...
The chinese version of the Gillette Wilkinson Sword (on my face) is one of the smoothest blades I know, it never fails to deliver great shaves...

Overall, the combo was a pleasure to use. I do like the new "lucky no.7" column :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm joining you guys, I have been waiting for a long time for the things to get delivered, but it's a waste to wait any longer.
I'm trying to prepare a table online (on mobile), so let me know if it is OK.

I'll add to the list as I receive the stuff.

IMG_20210106_173751.jpg

In the case of Shavette, I'll use pre selected budget blades.

@JAHE
I just saw why the number 7 was lucky 😆, that's a very neat idea.
I'll also add similar thing after mail call when I adjust my list.

Last edited:
I'm joining you guys, I have been waiting for a long time for the things to get delivered, but it's a waste to wait any longer.

View attachment 1204869

View attachment 1204869

Welcome!
Pls make sure to fill all columns with an entry (4x10 entries). You can use the stuff you already have as often as you like to. At a later stage you might replace these double/triple entries with other items.

Have fun!

This looks fun, but I'll wait until I have a couple more razors. I only have 2 good razors. Unless....I include my dollar store special and the Schick cartridge razor.... :O

851AC0B4-4D19-442B-8BB3-5EB036470235.jpeg

So this is 7697. I’m putting fresh blades in all my razors and so the Gem gets one too. End result of that is that it drew blood from the irritated spots on my face. I looked like I’d been run through a machine when I was done. Didn’t use the AS. Couple go arounds with the alum block and some styptic use today. I’m nice and clean, though, for what that's worth. The scars will heal.

Last edited:
I had a great shave this morning with my new Yaqi synthetic brush lathering up an old soap (Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus). Used the Kai Kasho woody shavette and clean-up was with a Frankenrazor (iKon 101 top cap mated to the Yaqi Knight Helmet baseplate with an iKon bamboo handle). Excellent shave.

Here is today's spin:

Enjoy your shaves, gentlemen!

Top Bottom