What's new

Shave Roulette

My updated bet...
20201123_205002-01.jpeg

Here are the numbers for your next shave:

PXL_20201124_175501299.jpg

Which for me is Orange Chill with the Omega boar on R3 with a Gillette Silver Blue!​

Well ... I finally got to making my betting sheet. I generally use straights, but use a GEM SE on GEMondays, so that complicated things. I also have a rotation of about 30 straights, so picking 10 for regular use was a daunting task. But, here are the results...

Alan's Bet

NumberGEM Razor
(Mondays)
Straight Razor
(Tues - Sunday)
SoapBrushAftershave
(Unless soap is Tabac)
0Jr. BarDorkoTabacMojo Handcrafts4711
1MMOCCVHMitchell's Wool FatRick MontalvoPinaud Clubman
2Bullet TipGreaves & SonsXpecCRVOld Spice Classic
3DamaskeenWackerArkoHeritage Collection Ever-Ready 200Hazlett's 1888
4PushbuttonJames Barlow & Sons"Try Me" BinHeritage Collection KlenzoTOBS Eaton College
5Gem Jr. EliteJoseph Smith & SonsTabacRudy Vey4711
6MMOCJoseph Rogers & SonsMitchell's Wool FatMaggard's Black and WhitePinaud Clubman
7Bullet TipTaylor's Eye WitnessXpecHeritage Collection Ever-Ready 200Old Spice Classic
8DamaskeenShaver's ChoiceArkoHeritage Collection KlenzoHazlett's 1888
9PushbuttonUniversal Lama Intera"Try Me" BinRick MontalvoTOBS Eaton College

So using yesterday's number, 5088, this morning's shave was: Joseph Smith, Tabac, Heritage Collection Klenzo (Tabac AS/EdC mandated by Tabac soap).
PXL_20201124_153022109-01.jpeg

Today's number, 7035, will be: Taylor's, Eye Witness, Tabac, Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 200 (AS and EdC dictated by Tabac soap).

Eben Stone

Staff member
7035 => GFT coconut, RR 400, Mühle R41, Dorco ST301

^^ it will be interesting to see what kind of a shave I can get with the Dorco since it's been a while and hopefully my technique has improved.

Been working on a way to play this game with my entire inventory of 31 soaps/creams, 16 brushes, 38 razors, and 20 blades. In other words, how I can risk it all, go all in, bet the house, and push my whole stash out in the middle of the table for one big bet of all time.

I figured out a way in my ridiculously over-complicated shaving log spreadsheet to generate random numbers between 1-31 for the lather, 1-16 for the brush, 1-38 for the razor, and 1-20 for the blade. And I included logic to handle ensuring the result pairs injector, AC, or GEM blades with the razor when required. I use the daily 4-digit roll as a sort of seed (more like a trigger, really) to generate the new numbers. So ....... here’s the result from 7035:

7F6FEAAD-4306-421F-91E9-3CAB0F28233F.jpeg

I’ve been using Stirling Port-au-Prince, a restored vintage Omega palm wood brush with a Muhle synth knot (which I hate as it turns out), my Gillette fat handle Tech, and a Wizamet super iridium blade based on an earlier spin and will probably stay with it for a few more days to run out the blade and try to like the brush. But if I decide to switch tomorrow, the next combo, based on the 7035 “trigger” is 11-10-23-2 which corresponds to Speick cream, PAA Switchback 400 brush, Mingoose, and a Proline.

Just an example though because today’s spin will change everything. And an awesome new combo might be what it takes to make me switch!

Been working on a way to play this game with my entire inventory of 31 soaps/creams, 16 brushes, 38 razors, and 20 blades.

I had the same issue with over 30 straights in my active rotation. I ended up selecting 10 for the current bet and plan on rotating by 10 every two weeks or so by revising my bet.

All:

It's been suggested that I take a turn at playing croupier. The discussion is active, but I know that with everyone in different time zones and shaving at different times of the day, consistency is key. So, as your potential croupier, I offer you the next spin so everyone is sure of having numbers available...
Screenshot_20201125-083526.png

So our next number is 3112 (assuming my spin counts as the "official" spin).

I'm going to take a break from playing for a week or so and exercise a little free choice! I hope to be back soon, maybe with one or two extra bits in my arsenal! Good luck to all, for those about to spin.... we salute you!

All:

It's been suggested that I take a turn at playing croupier. The discussion is active, but I know that with everyone in different time zones and shaving at different times of the day, consistency is key. So, as your potential croupier, I offer you the next spin so everyone is sure of having numbers available...View attachment 1186837

[/QUOTE
Today's spin brings back the Mühle Rocca into play. Love it...

Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo 28mm
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Haverford
Razor: Mühle Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Today's spin brings back the Mühle Rocca into play. Love it...

Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo 28mm
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Haverford
Razor: Mühle Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette Platinum

20201124_232002-01.jpeg

I had an excellent shave this morning, close and super smooth. No nicks, no irritation - no complaints. I really enjoy my shaves with the R94.

All:

It's been suggested that I take a turn at playing croupier. The discussion is active, but I know that with everyone in different time zones and shaving at different times of the day, consistency is key. So, as your potential croupier, I offer you the next spin so everyone is sure of having numbers available...View attachment 1186837

Thanks for taking over the position of the croupier.

JAHE's "3112"-shave equipment:

Brush: Semogue 1470
Soap: Speick ~ Men Active
Razor: Razorock SLOC
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)

Eben Stone

Staff member
3112 => Bigelow, RR 400, Gillette New LC, Vidvut Supermax

^^ I think it's been over a month since I've used a Supermax. I got pretty good results back then. I'm curious to know what kind of shave I can get now, now that I've tried maybe 15 other blades.

Tomorrow's 3112 shave will be:
3 - Wacker
1 - MWF
1 - Rick Montalvo
2 - Old Spice

Just for everyone's information, I'm West Coast US and plan on posting the spin after my morning shave each day.

Huh, this looks interesting. Maybe I'll play a few rounds as time permits (I don't shave every day) and see how it works out.

Betting sheet:
1606348334236.png

Making this was disturbing, because not only could I fill it out completely from memory, but had to decide what wasn't going to be included. I'm going on sabbatical next year.

Top Bottom