What's new

Shave Roulette

Roll up, Roll up, place your bets please! Your numbers for the next shave are...........

PXL_20201119_170148472.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg

Yet another 9 I'm afraid folks! Yet another shave on the flippin' 5 plate for me :-/

My set-up will be TOBS(again!), Simpson T3, Plate 5 with a Nacet

Roll up, Roll up, place your bets please! Your numbers for the next shave are...........

View attachment 1184357

Yet another 9 I'm afraid folks! Yet another shave on the flippin' 5 plate for me :-/

My set-up will be TOBS(again!), Simpson T3, Plate 5 with a Nacet
My next setup looks quite promising...

Brush: WestCoastShaving Two Tone Tall Synthetic 26/56
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Executive Man
Razor: Parker 87R
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge (2)

Eben Stone

Staff member
Something wrong, @Eben Stone ? 😲

Innocent question -- I thought @prajnagatu might have picked out four different colors for a reason...

Nope. Not at all. In fact quite the contrary. When I was considering using dice I was wondering how to do it, and only came up with either rolling one die at a time, or taking them all from left to right. I hadn't thought about using the color of the dice, all my d10 are the same color.

Wow as in hey that's awesome.

PXL_20201119_184708102.jpg

Prep: Hot shower and face wash with Pear’s soap
Pre: N/A
Brush: AP Shave Co 26mm Gelousy Gel Tip Badger
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Razor:Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Feather (1st use)
A/S: Cella Splash

(This was the 9559 shave)

Another shave on the 5 plate this time with a brand new Feather so I was all caution! I’ve appreciated the opportunity to refine the gentleness of my technique to make plate 5 a viable daily shaver for me as the wheel seems determined to make me shave with it! I wouldn’t normally go above 4 on 24hrs of growth. Managed three passes for a very nice DFS + just one or two mysterious solitary ‘prickles’ on my neck (How do they survive??) and the usual bit under my chin remained. I decided not to push my luck with the more aggressive plate and left them be - something to rub when I’m bored at work! Somehow created a little nick on my neck which bled a fair bit but was completely painless.

I commented earlier that TOBS was my most idiot proof soap/cream so it serves me right that I managed to over hydrate it! A touch more product though and all was well.
The AP Shave Co badger is all kinds of cloudy and pillowy on the face but I prefer the bit of scrub my Stirling fan badger has. I used Cella splash to finish because I want to use it up. I’ve found it disappointingly generic compared to the amazingly distinctive marzipan/cherry bakewell smell that the soap has. Maybe I should use Amaretto as a splash instead! Can anyone tell me if they like the Cella balm and what that smells like?

7/10

Nope. Not at all. In fact quite the contrary. When I was considering using dice I was wondering how to do it, and only came up with either rolling one die at a time, or taking them all from left to right. I hadn't thought about using the color of the dice, all my d10 are the same color.

Wow as in hey that's awesome.
Yeah I didn't even think to use the same colour for each category, that's a good idea! I went with the left to right option. I take part in a six player Dungeons and Dragons game at my house (yeah Im 38 but what the hey!) so I have many d10s but not many single digits, ie they go 01, 02 etc. which I found less aesthetically pleasing!

Last edited:
Yeah I didn't even think to use the same colour for each category, that's a good idea! I went with the left to right option. I take part in a six player Dungeons and Dragons game at my house (yeah Im 38 but what the hey!) so I have many d10s but not many single digits, ie they go 01, 02 etc. which I found less aesthetically pleasing!
Actually scrap that, I just noticed they're the 10, 20, 30etc. d10s so you can roll two to get a d100 score. Anyway back to shaving!

My next setup looks quite promising...

Brush: WestCoastShaving Two Tone Tall Synthetic 26/56
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Executive Man
Razor: Parker 87R
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge (2)
20201120_112242-01.jpeg

Very close shave today. However I have mixed feelings wtr to this razor. The results never gave any reason to bother, however, this beauty is such a rough guy whilst shaving. I have not found a blade yet which provides smooth shaves with this razor. But I keep looking...

Who's ready for their new numbers? Hope it's a good one for ya.......

PXL_20201120_160626431.jpg

For me thats the Lucky Tiger Cream (which I hardly ever use), Ap Shave Synbad, Plate 6 with a Feather!​

2660 will be a nice one. I haven't used MWF for a while. I have been eagerly waiting for WMF's number to come up.
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura
Soap: MWF
Razor: Fatip Grande Open Comb
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (2)

PXL_20201120_182421517.jpg
Prep: Hot shower and face wash with Pear’s soap
Pre: N/A
Brush: Simpson T3
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Razor:Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Nacet (2nd use)
A/S: Old Spice

Nothing much to say product-wise as I’ve used most of this stuff already recently.

The wheel continues to challenge me with the more aggressive plates. Despite knowing full well that I have a plate 6 shave tomorrow I still did a full three passer and had a very close shave with just a bit of mild irritation on the neck to keep me on my toes - nothing too uncomfortable though. Good ol’ burn from the old Spice.

The T3 brush gets a lot of love in the community but it doesn’t do much for me. I think I’m discovering that I’m generally a fan of the smaller 24mm and under brush sizes. I’ve given it to my girlfriend for legs and delicates which makes using it feel that little bit saucier.

8.5/10

3394 shave was awesome. Great lather from the Soapy Science, great scent and some cooling from it, too.

The de for cleanup was the ikon Shavecreft 101, a fantastic razor. Just for fun, I split the first pass right down the middle of my face and did the right side with my Mythus shavette and the left half with the 101. I haven't done a full de shave since September if last year, so it was interesting. Anyway, I compared first pass closeness from one side to the other and it was a tie.
Second pass I did entirely with the Mythus.

Smooth, comfortable shave. A winner!

Eben Stone

Staff member
2660 => SJoL lavender and geranium, Muhle black fiber v2, Ikon Tek, Personna Lab Blue

^^ looking forward to tomorrow morning's shave...

2660 will be a nice one. I haven't used MWF for a while. I have been eagerly waiting for MWF's number to come up.
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura
Soap: MWF
Razor: Fatip Grande Open Comb
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (2)
20201121_150916-01.jpeg

Wonderful shave.

MWF is a brilliant soap. My skin feels totally soft.
The Personna tamed the Fatip OC, they have been a perfect match for my skin.
Finally, the SOC Mistura is just a joy to use. It combines the best of both worlds... and the look and feel of the cherry wood handle is amazing. It fits perfectly into my hand.

You already noticed it.I really enjoyed the combo today.

I wonder if I just should skip my Sunday shave. Todays bbs shave might last some time...

Happy shaves!

It's that time again gentlemen! May your wives all adore you, may your children behave and may these four numbers, give you a good shave!
PXL_20201121_162004180.jpg

The six remains from the last roll which is the 6 plate again for me. I must have unconsciously angered the shave gods, was it because I sad something mean about the smell of Arko? Will also feature TOBS Sandalwood (again!!) and the Stirling Pro Handle brush with a Gillette Silver Blue Blade. Enjoy!!​

Top Bottom